Work on monster gen

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Mar 28, 2014.

1. HawK3yLV

HawK3yLV Phantasmal Quasar

About those fishes... are they really supposed to be flying in the sky or is that something that will be fixed?

2. beari78

beari78 Guest

Amazing! New birds and fish! In the words of my dad, "Cigars for everyone!" :rofl: :party:
    EDIT: Just thought of these combos: :poke::fireball:, :poke::zombie:, :poke::ssssssssss:, :poke::up:, :poke::poo:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
  3. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

I'd keep some of them flying in some special biomes.
    It would be nice to be able to fish them too.

Titanium likes this.
  4. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

Hurray more overpowered flying creatures.....
    (As if the regular birds are not yet a pain in the ass ...)

I let me suprise.

5. Juschlan

Juschlan Void-Bound Voyager

Will fish finally stop floating?

Looks nice.

6. beari78

beari78 Guest

The real question is, will we be able to capture pod them?

7. [pixelmonster]

[pixelmonster] Big Damn Hero

Thats what I had though, wasn't sure though... can't wait 'til they do show up :D

8. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

petition to make birds secretly the main antagonist of every storyline in the entire game

BlueSmoke and Esahc_ like this.
  9. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

Agreed....
    Did you guys bye the way increase the spawnammount of these arrrg..... *ununderstandable noises* sweet little birdies......

10. Eugen0001

Eugen0001 Void-Bound Voyager

hm that brings the question will there be Water planets (90%+ of surfice is water or equal matrial) and planets with Arial isles ? ^^

11. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

a request: can we please get some monsters that do not look to be assembled from the parts of various porkymans?

12. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Low gravity = fish flight.

Finn Learson likes this.
  13. the_5hadow

the_5hadow Void-Bound Voyager

This is simply perfect

14. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

ye
    [​IMG]
    dear Based Developers,
    pls give
    floaty fauna 4 free
    five stars fo' sho'

15. Esahc_

Esahc_ Cosmic Narwhal

I like the one on the left. It reminds me of Lugia from pokemon. :giggle:

16. ThunderBeta

ThunderBeta Big Damn Hero

Giant worm-birds would make my day.

17. Ninja

Ninja Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does this mean that oceans may finally be coming along? GOD I hope so! Oceans would just make everything feel so much better in my opinion.

18. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

Purple Relicanth? Purple Relicanth.

19. oOort

oOort Industrial Terraformer

Duuuuuude, YES!!! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh... this was so stupidly a big deal to me that the flying monsters didn't bob up and down when flapping their wings and I remember making a post long time ago about it. Thank you so much, this tiny little detail is just fantastic. I remember back in the day when I was animating sprites for my silly little games I made with klik n' play and discovered the massive effect moving the hotspot up and down for flying critters had, it was huge (and later adding torso/leg movements once I gained xp in the animation realm). And I even took that same evolution to ground sprites, moving the hotspot back and forth slightly to give them a more natural motion of movement. This is huge for me! I can't believe you guys implemented this among all the other tweaks that are probably much more critical at this moment. It's a really small detail like this that increases immersion factor by 9000 for me. HUGE! Thank you so much, I love this!