RELEASED WONDERFUL FARM LIFE. [SMAPI] version updated 7/2, now with grandpa's memorial! MAKE YOUR FARM SICK!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, May 23, 2016.

1. taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Zalkyria likes this.
  2. Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

That would be so cool I love your stuff. I just got SMAP and your farm is even cooler with it.

taintedwheat likes this.
    • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I have that cave mod, it just never ocured to me to put the crabs there instead.

And I've noticed most map editors either remove the small lake or even both lakes. I guess I'm the only person that likes them both.

You guys are always working on the next project, it's amazing :)

I might just wait for you guys to finish working on that then, since I have this feeling I'll need to rearrange my farm layout yet again xD

edit: Dunno what I'm doing wrong, but I can't make the greenfarm show up in game .-.
      I backed-up the original files and dumped the Farm.xnb and Forest.xnb files into \Content\Maps, then I went to WonderfulFarmLife and changed "UsingGreenFarm" from false to true, but when I launch the game the green farm is not there... the dirt is still brown and none of the extended farm features shows up .-.

I tested the vanilla green farm afterwards and it doesn't work either *confused*

My config settings:

{
      "EditPath": true,
      "RemovePathAlltogether": false,
      "ShowFarmStand": true,
      "RemoveShippingBin": true,
      "ShowPatio": true,
      "ShowBinClutter": true,
      "AddDogHouse": true,
      "AddGreenHouseArch": true,
      "AddTelescopeArea": true,
      "ShowTreeSwing": true,
      "ShowPicnicTable": true,
      "ShowPicnicBlanket": true,
      "AddStoneBridge": true,
      "ShowMemorialArea": false,
      "ShowMemorialAreaArch": false,
      "RandomGrassEdits": true,
      "UsingTSE": true,
      "UsingGreenFarm": true
      }

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
      • Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

The game should load whichever farm.xnb is in your content\maps folder. Can you try deleting whatever farm you have in there now and replacing it with the green farm's farm?

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

That's what I did. I renamed Farm.xnb and Forest.xnb to Farm.xnb.backup and Forest.xnb.backup, then I went into GreenFarm\Farm Extended, copied the Farm.xnb and Forest.xnb and pasted them in \Content\Maps. But, for some reason, when I launch the game, I still see Tego's brown dirt instead of the green grass and, as I said, none of the other extended farm features (like the pool or the teleport flowers) is showing up either.
          This is really weird 'cause I never had trouble loading any other maps before.
          I'll try removing all the other mods from the mods folder to see if anything is causing conflict.

• Jinxiewinxie

Ohhh! If you're using Tego's farm extension, then you probably need to replace the Farm that is used in the ALL folder ^_^

lannihamm and Minakie like this.
            • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Ah yes, ofc. Dunno what I was doing trying to run Tego's map and green map at the same time xD

• swyrl

swyrl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

uum so when I go outside my game crashes. Recommended SMAPI version? (could it be an issue with having ALL installed?)
                Scratch that, I extracted the files wrong. Everything works great now! (though console is spamming me with "an item with the same key has already been added")

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
                • taintedwheat

Oh good, im glad somethings are going smoothly. Maybe we all can figure out why that's showing up. Cold you share your error log?

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

Have you uploaded the overrides? :rofl: Please I would really like them xDDD

• taintedwheat

yes, its in the most recent attachment i posted, a page back :p

Zalkyria likes this.
                      • Zalkyria

Oooh yay I found it! Quick question, I want to be sure I am using the correct mod. What is the dirt mod that is used? http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/244/? This one right?

• taintedwheat

MayaMayhem, eemie and Zalkyria like this.
                        • Zalkyria

Ooooh that is much nicer! Thanks :D
                          --- Post updated ---
                          So this is a glitch that suddenly happened to me in my game, I'm gonna close out the game and see if it returns but jeez i don't know what caused that. Oh and its the original water dish bled through the dog house. Screenshot_1.png

eemie and taintedwheat like this.
                          • swyrl

swyrl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Console prints the following for every game loop that I'm on the farm map.
                            [01:10:13.889 AM] An exception occured in XNA UpdateTick: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
                            at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
                            at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
                            at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
                            at WonderfulFarmLife.WonderfulFarmLife.Event_UpdateTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                            at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                            at StardewModdingAPI.Events.GameEvents.InvokeUpdateTick()​
                            This doesn't seem to cause any actual problems with gameplay as far as I can tell, but still probably good to check out just in case.
                            List of mods-
                            2 cute greenhouse
                            ALL
                            Fairy Buildings (reskin only)
                            Fall 28 Snow day
                            Fasterpaths
                            Final house upgrade is 2 cute
                            NPCmaplocations
                            SkullCaveSaver
                            TaintedCellar
                            Trainer Mod
                            Wonderful Farm

• blurqe

blurqe Space Spelunker

Would you mind telling me what mods you're using for the statue of perfection retexture and the sprite next to the singing stone (both in the screenshot in the first post)?

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

That happens to me from time to time as well. Usually the vannilla dog dish disappears the next day.

Zalkyria likes this.
                                • Zalkyria

Okay glad I wasn't the only one besides myself and my friend. Yeah after I did that screenshot it didn't show up when I rebooted the game. But when I did go to the next day it was still there. (before the reboot)

• lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

The same thing happens to me as well. I usually notice it'll pop up whenever I start constructing something, but it doesn't seem to disappear until I start a new session.

• Jinxiewinxie

I think I figured it out! I'm a blonde and didn't notice the dog bowl is on both the Back and the Building layers in tIDE, and I was only removing it from one of the layers and replacing it on the other layer. So I think sometimes the game would just load the tiles in a different order and that is what would make the dogbowl peek through sometimes.

I've attached an updated .dll file, can one of you three test this version to be sure the dogbowl doesn't return? The .zip only has the .dll, so make sure you still have your config, manifest and overrides folder from before.

Attached Files:

Minakie and Zalkyria like this.