1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Wired Padlocks Upbeat Giraffe

Adds a crappy combination padlock to use for locking doors

1. severedskullz submitted a new mod:

Wired Padlocks - Adds a crappy combination padlock to use for locking doors

Read more about this mod...

2. hevenik

hevenik Void-Bound Voyager

Yesterday I wondered about the type of lock where as an admin mode you put to the lock any type of item and the other person must have the same item in inventory or in his hand to open it.
    Or maybe a scaner type on the wall where you need to be wearing appropriate armor to pass through the door, and in admin mode you can put to the scanner acceptable armors. Got no idea if it is even possible but would be great ;)
    Sorry for my english ;)

3. ⑨Cirno⑨

⑨Cirno⑨ Void-Bound Voyager

This is a great mod! I, too, forward the idea of key cards. Another good idea would be giving this mod the ability to enter the password with the numpad
    (I haven't used this mod yet so if numpad use is a thing, my apologies)

4. Aurian Runo

Aurian Runo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Said my review as per those worthy of my time when I wish to see something of such decent work done that fast. Idea's that were said sound and could very easily be doable if you did that within an hour. tho would be nicer if they made it easier to convert old ui mods to change others then I could request that the ui be easy to edit to be useable with ui mods. However the output on fail while it could be a good thing but also really trolly if people make sad little traps. *hides her saws and piles of lava* ... no I wasn't gonna drop them into a pit full of lava or saws and lock them in

5. Ive been in the hospital all afternoon waiting to be an uncle, so I havent had time to implement anything.
    I'm definitely going to add a wire output on failure for you guys. How do you guys want the key-cards to work from the following possible scenarios:
    • Keycard is based on a color coded lock. Red keycards open Red locks, Green cards open Green, etc.
    • Keypad must be "Encoded" by holding the card you wish to set it to and using the keypad
    • Keypad spawns a unique keycard to be used only for that specific keypad
    Those 3 scenarios are the only ones that I can think of that are even possible with the Lua API available.

Also, if you guys have any other ideas for additional locks/ interfaces/ etc. let me know and I will see what I can do. Locked chests is not really something I can do as a single object just because of the way the game works, but I know a way around it if you guys would be interested in something like that as a means to protect your storages.

6. Aurian Runo

personally I'd say more the Encoded myself. as then you could create cards for the pads for friends who you trust. and those who don't well.. yea.. they would be in for a world of hurt if they failed it.. as for locked storages that would be a nice addition to see as while having them large chests is one thing or the massive lockers like in the PGS store. what really would be nice is a chest of a fair size with a locking or even a wire feature. so that you could make it secure without haveing to make a room and secure it and the area

7. Plnda

Plnda Industrial Terraformer

Make sure the wired objects are non destroyable, its not fun locking down your door with a passcode and some one just mines your door out

8. Aurian Runo

Thats why I have the Admin shield mod for my server.. only person who uses it is me and no one can get it off sides me

9. Same thing can be said for ANY building. Why build a room when someone can just destroy the room? Making the objects indestructible will solve nothing. They can still just break the door, or destroy the walls.

10. Sorry I never saw this. Each system has its own flaws though. In this case, since I am not able to overwrite the item description, there is no way for me to allow the end user to know which card works for which reader. Say you have 10 different keypads, then that means you would have 10 different key cards, all of which look EXACTLY the same. How would you know which is for which... or better yet, what if you throw away the card on accident?

Just something to consider. If you guys have any other implementations, please let me know.

11. Aurian Runo

mainly allow it to be made and then bind it to the pad and color coded so the pads are colored and keyed. then can make it easier as with the mixing of colors any numbers of versions is possible

12. CadeStirling

CadeStirling Subatomic Cosmonaut

is there a way to make the keypad cycle, like, entering the code opens the door for 3 or 5 seconds then closes it?
    also the keycard idea is WAY awesome :D and looking forward to a better UI. its cool as is and all but could use a bit more prettification >.>;;

13. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good stuff, a bit more substance to this mod and it will easily going to convince devs for this to become part of vanilla :)

14. pandee

pandee Big Damn Hero

Is this mod still working?

Does the user need this mod on their end as well?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  15. Yes, and Yes. Just havent had any free time lately to update it with some neat features

16. pandee

pandee Big Damn Hero

What happens if the user does not have the mod?

Also keep up the great work! This mod is a must! Hope to see more updates!~

17. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/admin-shield-generator.2462/

Please feel free to steal my mod and incorporate it into yours! You have done much more work! I would love to see this idea used to protect planets. The shield gen in my mod is pretty much just copy paste of Chucklefish's shield gen but requires a key. It did not take much work.

(Sorry for inbox message + thread post. Wanted visibility.)

severedskullz likes this.
  18. pandee

pandee Big Damn Hero

Mm i would like to see this combo work on ships. However if its is exactly like tileprotection, when you upgrade your ship it will remove the SAIL etc (at least on testing)

This guy is the original person who used the mods together

Hope we can merge and expand on these 2 mods together!

severedskullz likes this.
  19. I just need some free time to update this thing T.T
    Pretty nifty combo.

20. pandee

pandee Big Damn Hero

I know right :D!