Wipe your feet on the way in...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by WelshPixie, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Should there be regulations regarding stories? Or would that be a redundant feature?

2. MKSTAR26

MKSTAR26 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yep. Maiden Kankrienschi has been around for a bit now. Considering writing fanfic crossing Terraria, Starbound and FTL. ALL the things.

3. XxPinkiePieBronyxX

XxPinkiePieBronyxX Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way to change my name? Notice the pic :cookie:

4. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

5. Cowthulu

Cowthulu Orbital Explorer

I'm gonna give this a shot:

"STAR JOURNAL 1. Today we left earth behind. As I look through the window before we go into hyper drive, I can faintly see the flooded blue planet we used to call home. Our ship is headed for Grafon-Z, a distant planet belonging to the star Domel-092. The planet is one of the few planets that scientists have confirmed as suitable for human life. I just hope that I survive the trip. This is Frank, over and out. END OF STAR JOURNAL"

"STAR JOURNAL 2. We landed on Grafon-Z today. The landing was rough, but we found a small clearing to set up base in. The trees in our area look like palm trees, but the fronds are a deep purple. Surprisingly, we found that we are not alone on the planet. There are strange creatures we decided to call Poptops that swing from tree to tree with their legs. One of my friends tried to pet one, but it lashed out with it's giant mouth and clamped on to his arm. Thankfully, one of the doctors had brought a crowbar for some reason (maybe he liked Half life) and he managed to pry the Poptop of of his arm, although I don't think he will be able to use that arm for a while. This is Frank, over and out. END OF STAR JOURNAL."

6. Nice writing. A thread would be in due order, though, unless this is specifically for reviewing and critiques.

7. Cowthulu

I just wanted to know if this sounds like a good idea for a story. Any feedback would be awesome. Thanks!:poptop:

8. Ah, okay. It's great, from what I've seen so far.

9. Huh, well, looks interesting, but Over and out is kind of a misnomer. It's supposed to mean 'Over to [someone else], then I'm out.' It's used in two-way radio communication. In this case, just 'Out' would work. Over literally means: "Over to you."

Herp~

10. Cowthulu

thanks for the notice. my thread will be called "The Colony" Check it out later if you like! :DD

11. I'll be waiting :)

12. Cowthulu

K have it posted now! Check it out if you like! :up:

13. doing an assignment for english class, might write about space-related things and post it here

nababoo likes this.
  14. That'd be nice. We could critique it for you before you turn it in to your teacher :)

15. good idea! expect it in around 2 days :D

nababoo likes this.
  16. I shall tear it apart and--

Oh, sorry, I just meant I'm looking forward to reading it ;)

AstroBlast likes this.
  17. haha im lookin forward to people completely destroying it :laugh:

nababoo likes this.
  18. Always good to be open to criticism.

19. Dunno if I'll have time, but I can look into it. ;)

20. And you'll probably end up writing a treatise on the matter that's several times longer than the original work.

:p