1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Sorry for my delay in response! Charlatan is correct, this would be something you'd wanna do in layers in paint.net or photoshop. If I did it, I would end up feeling like I had to do it for every hairstyle, ya know? But if you have a permanent facial/hair look with those glasses, you can easily make it your own vanity item to wear by layering the glasses either overtop or under the hairstyle in your image editing program, then flatten the image to combine the two layers. After that it's just some editing of headgear item info, and trust me helmets, especially vanity ones are super easy if you wanna give it a go. I can also help you find the specific hairstyle in my files, if that helps ^_^ Let me know how it goes, I'd love to see the results!

2. Scythel

Scythel Void-Bound Voyager

No worries about the delay, and yeah I was poking around and I found the assets; when I actually get around to mixing the hair with some headgears, I'll def post it here to show you. I'm glad I've actually got permission to do so.

[QUOTE="Charlatan, post: 3078464, member: 267550"
    MUCH more importantly..... bunny people with badass sunglasses.... wat ? :p[/QUOTE]
    #Fashion

3. Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs Pangalactic Porcupine

Don't know if you're aware, but the recent update did something to pets, and it seems to be causing catastrophic problems for mod races with pets made pre 1.2.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  4. AmazonValkyrie

Ughghghhg lol kk I'll post a fix ^_^

5. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Hmm, well I always unpak to add hairs from other mods, so pak files aren't that big a deal for me. I always mod the default eyes to match the human eyes in the starface mod (which I use). Also hair stealing and adding more from the Ningen mod and some random hair packs. More hair is always good.

6. AmazonValkyrie

Ooooh, I've actually been recently adding some new hairstyles to the Viera. Are there any that you or anyone else would like to see formally added? Feel free to post pictures ^_^ I usually try and work from images anyway

7. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Well from Ningen, I pretty much snagged all the long hairs, which IMO work well with this mod. I also stole all the long hairs from Antihair's mod, as some go extremely well with this mod to (the spiky human hair, all the curly, puffy, billowy hair styles, and anything that looked compatible with a FF style mod). I may pillage Cutebound for new hairs as well.

8. taorun

taorun Master Chief

So glad this mod is still going strong my other fave finally shut down so sad :( but ill keep cheering for this

Charlatan likes this.
  9. AmazonValkyrie

I've got too many new things I've started for the Viera to stop now ^_^ What other mod shut down?

10. Megafan7790

Megafan7790 Yeah, You!

Hello Amazon. I am Megafan7790 from Steam (I made the discussion about jobs). I was wondering if you had made any progress with the Blue Mage job or any of the other job types that were requested. If you could make a post in the discussion about the progress it would help people who do not know about this forum, are just to lazy to look, and for people who use steam that might not be willing to check this forum if they are not interested immediately. Thanks...

11. AmazonValkyrie

Hiya ^_^ The only bit of job news I may have shared here but not on steam would've been sprite previews of the first three (non vanity) job armors that will be coming down the line to start: Fencer, White Mage & Archer. If I had made any more major job progress these past few months, I would surely share it. Most of my time spent working on the Viera since the last major update, has been focused on laying more groundwork for the ship, setting racial crafting in motion and designing a ton of new objects and redesigning/resizing the old. I'm still in progress with all but the object redesign (as I finished updating the look of all the old objects a few weeks ago), as well as another handful of changes/additions to the Viera, and I've been waiting to share it all with everyone once it's closer to its release so that I have something more polished to show you all.

I do admit that I prefer to post here a lot more than Steam, because it's not always easy to keep up with both constantly, and the forum is way more easier to use whenever I want to post images and what not, plus it's the hub of modding activity for Starbound, the place where I first posted a mod to begin with. Any major additions/news and such will definitely be posted to both Steam and here though.

12. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie updated WIP: The Viera of Ivalice with a new update entry:

Pet Fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. AmazonValkyrie

Wow, 9000 downloads have been reached here on the forum for the Viera, and I'm very proud and thankful for that. Thank you all for continuing to support me and this mod. It means a lot to be able to share my work with you all, and that so many enjoy it :) I can't wait to share the rest of the journey with you all. Until then ~

14. AmazonValkyrie

:D Content update coming this weekend

Edit: The content update may not be posted until late tonight or tomorrow. It's going to contain all the "refreshed" objects, and 70 new decorative objects, plus most of the new viera specific crafting stations and several more that will be village/locales specific. I've also added seven new tiles, all of which can be recolored with the paint tool! Today is going to be spent adding them to the dungeon files for the village, updating the object placements, along with adding more to the village itself.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Warboss_Spriggs likes this.
  15. Warboss_Spriggs

Looking forward to this update. Held off on downloading the pet fix file for this! :nuruhype:

16. AmazonValkyrie

Update to my previous update about the update lol. I'm a bit behind on the village reconstruction/additions, but it's all that stands in my way now of updating with the new content. I've actually be adding some last minute extra objects that I had been wanting to squeeze in for a while. Hoping to have it out in the next few days, and I apologize for not having it out sooner. Honestly I had more work on my head than I thought at the time :zzz:

17. Warboss_Spriggs

[​IMG]
    Ain't no brakes on this hype train!

18. AmazonValkyrie

lol ^_^ That's great

Edit: So if the developer's blog is an indicator that there will be racial mech armor, be prepared for Viera Magitek ^_^ I've been WANTING an excuse to make it for so long....along with Terra herself :D

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    Warboss_Spriggs likes this.
  19. rena228

rena228 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi, first thing first love this mod. Second thing is there a reason I can not mine up the things in the Vieran villages? Like say I'd like to take the furniture, however I am unable to mine anything up nor can I place anything down. I'd like to use the village as a starting point, but as it is now not being able to edit it is a bit disappointing.

20. AmazonValkyrie

When i made the original villages I gave them a "protected" status so that they could not be destroyed/disassembled. I'm rebuilding the villages now, and will most likely remove that protection, as it would be nice to even allow building onto villages ^_^ So glad you're enjoying it!