Modding Help Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Machomango, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Machomango

Machomango Void-Bound Voyager

I have installed everything correctly in the right folders / edited the boostrap correctly

And the mods are in said folder installed and updated correctly yet i still cant see them ingame! Is there somethign else i have to do for Windows Vista?

2. Machomango

Bumpity bump bump

3. tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

Latest Version doesn't require you to edit bootstrap, as you can see at the bottom, you have "modSource" : "../mods" which basically does all the bootstrap editing work for you.

4. Machomango

Even so I edited the bootstrap on my windows 7 and it still works, while doing so on windows vista it doesnt work for some reason

5. love doctor

love doctor Cosmic Narwhal

they changed the mod system so your now doing it wrong how ever i cant tell you how to do it correctly because i cant get my mod s to work

6. Machomango

I can assure you it isnt installed wrong, Because I have mods working on my Windows 7 computer... And how would you know if its installed wrong if you dont have your's installed correctly and working? Mines working on Windows 7 perfectly just not my windows vista laptop...

7. love doctor

love doctor Cosmic Narwhal

because mine was working under the old system its the new system its not working under and the new system supposedly made it so we dont edit bootstraps anymore which is what you edited now if youve got it working thats all well and good i was just saying your method doesnt line up with the way the new system is suppose to work

8. Machomango

Well it still works so its fine with me if i have to edit a bit more, just cant figure out why windows vista wont work at all