1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Will there be variety in the technological advancements of other planets/races?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by whitcher, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitcher

whitcher Void-Bound Voyager

I mean, will it be possible to visit a planet that has much greater technological marvels than you and then later visit a planet whos inhabitants still use rocks tied to a stick as spears?

It would be interesting if there is a 'timeline' so to speak of weapons and such as then you cold take roleplaying to the level of Empire Earth, in which you can advance throughout the technological ages from stone age to a futuristic age with nano'things' and lazers and stuff.

This sort of diversity would attract a huge audience in my opinion(Which isn't very valuable as of current due to this being my first post)

DeityFox and bioemerl like this.
  2. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I don't think they have mentioned anything on this, but I don't see it being too hard to do. I think it would be awesome.

3. slightlyphsyco

slightlyphsyco Space Spelunker

It would make sense realistically, if a race is fairly young they probably wont be as advance as a race that is several 10 thousand years old.

4. That would be an interesting/fun piece of content. You could go to one planet and they throw stones at you. Then, you could go to another and have lasers shot at you.

You could always suggest this in the Suggestions forum if it hasn't been mentioned/suggested yet. :)

gejiryu likes this.
  5. bioemerl

bioemerl Subatomic Cosmonaut

Also the ability to advance lesser races by donating technology to them. Perhaps get allies that way?

6. slightlyphsyco

I disagree with this, but only because the quests you could get from a less technologically advanced race could be interesting. For example, if you meet a race of beings that were at about the technological age of the Aztecs and other Central America tribes during that time, you could get a quest that would be about one of the gods they worship and get a rare item as the prize. However, if you advanced the race enough, they would probably lose that belief and the quest would be gone.

7. Spike

Spike Supernova

Well, you can always find another Aztec Planet, and start the quest over again. There are infinite planet generations.

8. slightlyphsyco

True, and now that I think about it, there could be a random variable in there where sometimes the race you give the technology too becomes over zealous, and becomes very imperialistic.

9. Spike

Spike Supernova

Good point. You can make them powerful, but still force them to keep that veil in front of their eyes, or to change that veil to a color of your choosing.

10. Dr. Whooves

Dr. Whooves Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well I think that this idea should be added to the game. I like the concept of traveling to different worlds that have different levels of technological advancement.

11. Beedle

Beedle Tentacle Wrangler

This needs to be suggested, it is a great idea and I would love to see it implemented! This has been one of the best suggestions I have seen so far, I hope the devs will give a look-see into this.

12. Spike

Spike Supernova

Though I am almost certain this idea is already programmed in game in some way, shape or form.

13. DeityFox

DeityFox Void-Bound Voyager

Great idea, ill find a race and give them the great technological advancement of spears, I invented the spear you know so any race with spears I was there..

14. [​IMG]
    Nuff said.

15. Authos

Authos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It wouls seem logical to assume so because each planet if differewnt so there will be different creatures and presumabley advancement in technology as you travel since the idea is that you give your gear a sort of upgrade.:)

16. I_Play_Terraria

I_Play_Terraria Space Spelunker

Thumbs up. This would so much replay value to the game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.