Will 1.0 launch at midnight?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by julamad, Jul 19, 2016.

?

yea?

Poll closed Jul 22, 2016.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. Taco

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  4. This offends me somehow

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. julamad

julamad Void-Bound Voyager

My hype is hypely hyped

2. Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

If it's not automated and the team has to stay beyond midnight to monitor if there aren't any issues, they definitely deserve overtime. By the way, what time zone are we talking about here?

julamad likes this.
  3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

"July 22nd" can be anytime from 0001 to 2359, and they didn't specify (not that I know of?) what timezone, so if you're eastern coast US, it could actually be anywhere from 1900 July 21st to 2359 July 22nd depending on whether or not they are factoring in timezones.

julamad likes this.
  4. Squeegeeie

Squeegeeie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And he says to me, he says to me, you got Style, baby! but if you're gonna to be a real launch you gotta get a gimmick…and so I go I says Yeah Baby! A gimmick, that's it! 1.0! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!!

So he says to me, you gotta do something smart, baby, something big! He says you want to be a launch, right, and I go yeah baby, yeah yeah! What do I gotta do? He says you got 1.0, release up on Steam, it's packed with players…you'll go down in launch history and I go Yeah baby 'cause I'm the 1.0 Launcher what Launches at Midnight!!! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    Galactic Avatar and julamad like this.
  5. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

mfw it's the 19th here

julamad likes this.
  6. julamad

I think its UTC 6:00

7. Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Well, I won't be able to give you an accurate time estimation unless you're sure. Valve usually does deal updates at around 10 AM PDT. This is when I am assuming that the patch will be available for download.

For reference, here's the current time in PDT (just compare that with your current local time): http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/pdt

FearnWAZZA and julamad like this.
  8. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

well, but CF are in England.

9. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Eh, judging from other games, you can update a steam game anytime you like, whether it is 10AM or 10PM. I've seen games on steam receive updates at weird hours of the day.

10. Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

You aren't wrong.

11. julamad

Thanks, you really helped a lot

Vith likes this.
  12. Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Not a problem, glad I could. A midnight release would be quite nice too. :)

julamad likes this.
  13. Insomnacious

Insomnacious Void-Bound Voyager

Probably London timezone, its 10am on the 22nd where I am...

14. Yarott

Yarott Phantasmal Quasar

Well, latest blog post says 10am PST. Meaning, everyone must adjust their schedule based on that timezone. Which, by the way.
    As Vith pointed out, it's when Valve does their store updates. Which are completely separate from software updates, as is what Xylia pointed out his/her post here:
    Updates for the storefront happen daily on the same time frame (10am PST), as it is protocol for worldwide releases. The reason why it is also 10am PST for the 1.0 launch, and not ASAP, is because the game is still tagged (at the time of this post) as Early Access in the storefront. And this is also because the game needs a storefront update to reflect the new game update. I should also mention this from another point of view, but daily sales also begin and end on 10am PST. Which may or may not mean that the game might go on sale this weekend. In any case, this was my two pixels on the matter. :kitten2:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Vith likes this.
  15. ThePeregrineFalcon

ThePeregrineFalcon Master Chief

The time of release depends on your time zone. They said it would launch at 10 AM PST, so you could probably find a time zone converter and do the math.

16. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

julamad likes this.