1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Tiy changing things we were promised? (Also, why our money is sort of evaporating)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sishio, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Well you have to admit, dicussions like this always have an extremely huge risk of becomming into what this one is now, it's just there's little backbone info for both parties so arguments have to be synthesized by extracting greatest insults from depths of vilest troll lairs. I mean, you know... maybe we should, really, contact Tiy or whatever and seriously ask it, I mean, like sentient people?

KirasiN and Marokutai like this.
  2. TheSpoon

TheSpoon Big Damn Hero

You forgot the image T.T

EDIT: no you didn't, it was just slow to load on my pc :(

I lol'd.

Waitwaitwait. Can you link me to wherever they said they would add in stretch goals after release?

3. Drakearth

Drakearth Phantasmal Quasar

Its the most logical conclusion and it would hopefully stop this drama.

WhiteMousse likes this.
  4. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

Um, I did actually provide the justification, I'm not sure if you read it. But I'll quote myself and explain to you the justification if you're having difficulty.

The reason the example wasn't an apt comparison is quite simply because unlike the issue of the developers going back on their word, you can easily avoid walking into a danger zone with outward warnings. In other words, you gave an example of a situation you have control over, whereas this is a situation in which we do not have control. So this explanation of yours:

Is false. They are two different scenarios, one in which the danger is apparent and easily controlled, and one in which there is no apparent danger and no control.

Then you should say as such. Because most adults are not enticed by candy, whereas many adults are idiotic enough to venture into a construction zone to save time.

Think what you like. To me it seemed as though you were claiming that anyone enticed by a man with candy, which are typically children, are to blame. If anything, this makes you seem more of a troll than myself.

Before I offer a rebuttal. I need to focus on the issue of loose and lose.

Loose: As in, my tie is loose.
    Lose: As in, you lose.

Of course there is always a risk, but it is stupid to say that there is never a situation in which risk exists but you can't blame anyone. If someone offers you assurances and promises and then goes back on those assurances and promises, they are at fault. It is that simple. You are not providing a real comparison here, there is no face behind the recession, that is something under nobodies control. Nobody has told you a recession isn't going to happen, or that there is no risk, which is not the case in terms of the beta preordering.

EDIT: In your example, if the company offered false reassurance that there was no chance of recession, they would be at fault.

5. Arrem

Arrem Subatomic Cosmonaut

Language, sir. I have kept a civil tone with you, please do the same.

People were sold a game under certain pretenses and that information has appeared to change. It is not ungrateful to ask if the original conditions the game was purchased under are still valid. In fact a consumer would be remiss if they didn't. It is also unreasonable to expect all correspondence with Chucklefish to go through twitter as these are the official forums. Asking for clarification here is the best avenue if you expect a response.

Also as for calling you a moron, I have done no such thing. if that is what you took from my post, well that is on you.

6. Marokutai

Marokutai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Weren't you the one who actually made the drama in this thread about the delays and deadline in which they rightfully moved back?

Lynx88 and Tleno like this.
  7. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

Please stop trying to derail the thread.

8. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Well, if in this situation there is no control and no apperancy, think you should asses that as a possible risk.

Marokutai likes this.
  9. Sousuke Kuroda

At this point you're being unreasonable. "It is always your fault." Is what I'm getting from you.

10. Marokutai

It's not derailing the thread. He told us his thoughts on them moving back the beta release date which basically caused all the drama in the first place

11. Arch-Mage Zandor

Arch-Mage Zandor Space Kumquat

They took the weekend off because they always have the weekend off. The secret stuff may not even be added.

12. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

I am getting the opposite from you, how does that makes as different appart from the fact we're on opposite sides?

13. Coramnis

Coramnis Industrial Terraformer

I know it's wrong but I find this quote to be...

...HILARIOUS

Anyway, I remember when the release was gonna be in like, December of 2012. I dunno, I can see why you guys are annoyed by this. I can't say I find it to be that pressing really, but that's just me.

14. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Perhaps the OP made way for drama potential given the nature of it all, but you by far have been the most malicious and aggressive one here, even going as far as to tell Arrem to fuck himself. I think you need to know when to leave things alone, I'm serious. And perhaps when to get anger management since you can't seem to calm your tits, or get counseling for your bloated ego.

Anyway, I do feel like the general idea has already been expressed, I think a thread lock is quite inevitable now. Considering the fact that almost half of the posts contain insults or name-calling in some form or another.

15. Sousuke Kuroda

Because I've acknowledged that you can't always assert blame, and I'm rejecting the notion that you can't ever assert blame.

16. Marokutai

LOL okay, I guess I'm just bad at reading. /s
    The dev's use twitter quite a bit and I hardly ever see too many posts from the devs on here. If you think its unreasonable to directly ask one of them where they can see it clearly and not have it cluttered in with other things that you issue

Tleno likes this.
  17. Marokutai

You are ASSuming, you don't know my tone or how I am truly expressing myself this is text based chat, I didn't realize you had a psychic connection and can detect my emotions, thats pretty awesome. :sarcasm:
    ALSO: He did call me a moron if you read his post and I took offense to that considering the amount of posts I've made so I told him to f-- himself, how would you react if someone calls you a moron and says you're jumping in when what you are saying is relevant to the post

18. Drakearth

Drakearth Phantasmal Quasar

im sure they can see it well.
    imprettysuretheycanseeitwell.png

19. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

Damn you, there are so many threads popping up right now that I want to say "putting the ass in assumption" that I just couldn't pick which to do it in.
    And now I've been bested

Marokutai likes this.
  20. Arrem

Arrem Subatomic Cosmonaut

You shouldn't be forced to get a twitter account elsewhere in order to communicate with the developers. You should be able to contact and voice your grievance with them on their official forums and be heard. And you act like twitter is uncluttered, with the amount of people tweeting @Tiyuri you would surely get lost in the tide.

This way shows solidarity. This is an issue more than one person has. We would like answers, please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.