1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why im highly disapointed about the team from Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by leonD, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We've all been waiting, some longer than you; and you just have to be patient. Release dates are simply an estimate and Starbound's estimates were off. The developers are actually all fantastically nice people that take our suggestions, listen to the community, run these wonderful forums, and maintain a safe community free of disrespect.

From what I've seen, Starbound will be worth the wait.

2. JazzPigeon

JazzPigeon Starship Captain

The game got announced ahead of schedule due to some "legal issues" (as I heard.) and in the mean time they've been laying down the ground work, the foundation for all those animations and procedurally generated thingamabobs. generally the core coding, now their putting the finishing touches on it.
    this would be understandable mid-2014.

3. While a lot of things have been far-off at this point, I don't think a release past 2014 is likely. I've heard rumors of September 2013 for actual release and I expect beta sometime around July.

JazzPigeon likes this.
  4. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

ugh, can a mod just lock this thread?

Gorshum, Lobo and JazzPigeon like this.
  5. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

So you lost an argument, and now you're just going to cry for the mods. That's hilarious and adorable. No, really. Grow a backbone.

6. ZangooseSlash

?
    Jesus, you really think I want this thread locked because I supposedly "lost" an argument? I'd like the thread locked because of the large amount of hostility. I think it's sad I have to stand up for the OP when all of you people are flaming him. Very rude.

Evithlia and WhiteMousse like this.
  7. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

Once again:

TELLING THE OP HE IS WRONG IS NOT THE SAME THING AS FLAMING HIM.

And quite frankly, he was very rude to begin with, so why should anyone else be polite to him? As they say, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

IndieGamerRid and JazzPigeon like this.
  8. ZangooseSlash

Take your thumb out of your ass and realize this. I don't care what your definition of flaming is, but the amount of negativity and rudeness in this thread should not be here. This guy is unhappy with the dev team, but the community is just swarming this guy. Two wrongs doesn't make a right

9. The Marvelous Magoon

The Marvelous Magoon Big Damn Hero

Perhaps not stooping to OP's level would further feed one's superiority complex about being more patient for the release of a game.

WhiteMousse and Zangoose like this.
  10. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

Better my thumb then my entire head. You seem to be stuck in your own world where everything is rainbows and candy and everyone is happy and polite to everyone, even when they act like an entitled 12 year old.

11. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Because his impatience comes off as whiny and entitled. You're literally the ONLY person defending him, and for a reason.

Beta_Nebula likes this.
  12. The Marvelous Magoon

So the cycle, as I understand it, would be if someone comes in and is an asshole, if you're an asshole right back to them the problem will be resolved?

I don't necessarily condone the actions of the OP but sometimes you gotta lighten up.

13. Spadow

Spadow Void-Bound Voyager

I am a member who has heard about Starbound since day 1 and registered on the forums when it was just created. I'm a lurker instead of a poster but these threads popping up complaining or asking about the release date are really getting on my nerves.

The official release date for both beta and official launch is 2013. The game was delayed, you have to deal with that. Complaining about it won't satisfy your needs nor the development team.
    It makes me wonder why I see daily updates from the devs all of a sudden. I don't mind though, but maybe it is because there's been too many people complaining about lack of information while there's actually tons of info out there.

This is why I avoid the forums because of a thread like this one. I rarely post on the forums and I am more of a lurker.
    We all love Starbound and the dev team and we would like to play the game as soon as we can, but in the meantime you will have to wait. Everybody's life does not revolve around Starbound. There is plenty of other things to do and then you won't notice how fast times going.

14. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

Oh, I'm sorry. Everyone is right about everything. You totally have a right to act entitled. Here, have a cookie, they're made out of chocolate chips and unicorn crap.

LOL no. If anyone wants respect, they need to earn it. They can start by not acting whiny and entitled.

15. The Marvelous Magoon

It used to be you had to do some detective work to find anything out about this game.

I didn't give a shit about Starbound until my friend pieced together every little scrap of information he could find into a bigger picture and made it actually sound interesting.

It's good that there are these regular updates so people know what's going on in development and the game itself.

I'm not saying you have to give the OP a reach around for acting out like that, I was merely suggesting that maybe it's been taken too far. What are you even accomplishing.

16. ZangooseSlash

Yes because everybody in this world is required to go into full-out asshole mode and spew insults out of their keyboards, hiding behind the internet. Your logic is flawless.

17. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

I wasn't spewing insults at first. In fact, you threw out the first insult, Mr. "get your thumb out of your ass". Maybe you should look in the mirror before you start criticizing others for their perceived behavior. Everything was perfectly fine until you and your little band of 12 year old kids started carrying on in this forum like a bunch of babies.

And you know what? Now I'm going to insult you. You are a child. You have no backbone, an overly inflated ego, and a sense of entitlement matched only by especially spoiled 6 year olds. It's obvious you have nothing to add to this conversation except whining, so shut the hell up.

THAT is a flame, and a well-deserved one.

DeadlyGamer5 and DevonDe like this.
  18. The Marvelous Magoon

The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

WhiteMousse likes this.
  19. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

It's not hypocrisy if you admit it. Besides, I didn't start it. The baby did.

20. WhiteMousse

WhiteMousse Title Not Found

And who are you to tell him he is wrong? You have been arguing that what you're saying is only your opinion, not flaming, but what he said is also his opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.