1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why im highly disapointed about the team from Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by leonD, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwarranted damage control? My English can't help me understand that. :(

Oh that is not a fair statement. Terraria were launched much before it was actually ready, buggy, unstable, messy code and features lacking (even today). Terraria was a incomplete game launched, still, it's one of the most popular Indie SandBox Games with millions of copies sold.

2. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

And it took them about a week to implement all of these things, and it probably would have only taken two weeks to implement those things if it had been done in 2012. Methinks you're just looking for something to complain about now.

3. Gentleraptor

Gentleraptor Pangalactic Porcupine

Delays happen to assure quality games. Get over it.

The devs have mentioned that at first they wanted to do whats basically terraria in space. But now, they have gone above and beyond that and I'm glad they did. So be patient and enjoy a good game instead of demanding to play the game now. Devs giving in into people shouting for release/beta is BAD.

So be patient and get a better game!

4. Shinku

Shinku Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You don't know that, maybe they could have done that a year ago, but maybe they prioritized finishing other parts of the game until doing things like the UI.

5. Sorane

Sorane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, so I'm not the only one ^^

Bacon likes this.
  6. What I'm trying to explain him. The Team was aiming for Starbound to be just "terraria in space" indeed. They would never aiming for create a big, complete game, that's the decision they took in 2012, to make Starbound much more than they were initially expecting it to be.

Beta_Nebula likes this.
  7. Sorane

Sorane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The actual Starbound will be much more interesting that a "basic" terraria in SPAAACE

8. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

Okay um, more simply put, You don't need to quote people so much in a discussion.
    To me it feels like you are trying to drive home the point that this will be a good game to the people who already agree that it will be. Adds very little to the actual thread.

Your last post however, was a rather good one.

9. WolfMimir

WolfMimir Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yea it was delayed, and im sure they felt dumb as shit after it, making them to say: 2013 and NOTHING else, no summer, no winter just flat out 2013.
    Proving that they felt dumb ( i mean who wouldnt feel dumb getting it wrong with such a big time ) Now they get update after update on the game.
    Its an indie company, and it wasnt untill the pre order they could go and work full time on the game proving they didnt have a lot of time before that.
    Im also kinda disappointed in them for some decisions they made. But even big companies like Riot makes those dumb decisions. Guess im trying to say:
    Forgive and move on with ur life, im not seeing you making a game with over 50k ppl backing ur project.

10. Not quite saying the same, I was more trying to explain the motives behind why the game didn't released in 2012, since there is people who understand they were "shouting random dates that could not accomplish", they took a decision to get this to a whole next level, a bigger challenge in 2012.

Evithlia likes this.
  11. Jääkäri

Jääkäri Pangalactic Porcupine

Get out. :lod:

The game will be done when it's done, and the devs don't have to give a release date if they don't want to before they're sure. 2013 is okay.

12. Rhayn

Rhayn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Jumping into this thread, I have to say that I am happy with the progress the team are making. Sure it was originally 2012, but as has been pointed out, since the Preorder they have been able to work fully on it, and these folk are working a lot. We have been getting updates daily, not just mon - fri but 7 days a week, they are working hard to get this game out and to make it great.
    Games can be delayed and not just indie games.
    Look at Grand Theft Auto V. That was due out last year december time, got pushed back to march 2013 and now its some time towards the end of this year. That game has a huge team, huge company and huge backing behind it. They don't give daily updates or indeed any updates. So maybe don't stress so much about the game being pushed back and appreciate the amount of effort they are putting in to it.

Finn Learson likes this.
  13. Hoth

Hoth Starship Captain

Just leave.

14. masher14

masher14 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Believe it or not, video games take years to complete. Big name titles take years to develop and they have hundreds of employees working on them. Starbound only has a fraction of those numbers.

It'll get done when it's done.

Beta_Nebula likes this.
  15. Rozy

Rozy Phantasmal Quasar

I don't remember where I heard it. But I remember that apparently they announced the game a hell of a lot earlier than they wanted to. Which just makes me confused why they listed 2012 as even a possibility, they've barely started making it an actual functioning game just in the past few weeks from what the updates and streams have shown. I think it was over names or something? Anyway that plus the release dates early on just seems... Irresponsible actually. And that at least I think is a genuine reason to be frustrated or disappointing. Again if my story here isn't from me being mixed up.

I THINK it was a reddit topic, but I can't be 100% sure that anyone ever said that. But if it's what happened then it makes a lot more sense how long it's seemed to take. Not that anything is wrong with how long it's taken besides some of the confusion, I don't remember if they mentioned the early screenshots were Mockups or not until the videos started coming out.

I'm really glad the game has made huge strides forward since the mockup days though. It looked a hell of a lot less interesting back when it was first announced.

16. Indies can look simpler, but the fact they are indies, low money and much smaller teams is why takes longer. It's like Minecraft, so many years until final version.

masher14 likes this.
  17. Captain Malcolm

Captain Malcolm Big Damn Hero

Everyone on this thread should go watch Indie Game: The Movie right now, its on netflix

18. Tsunbio

Tsunbio Void-Bound Voyager

Games can take awhile to make and considering the size of their team i think imo its reasonable the time they are taking to make what I hope will be a good game

19. Dwagon

Dwagon Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'd normally suggest learning to be patient, but that would end in irony.

20. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

This is the kind of stuff i really don't appreciate. It's okay to have an opinion, but don't get extreme about it.

WoxandWarf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.