1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why im highly disapointed about the team from Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by leonD, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkax

Arkax Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These kind of threads are useless
    please my kid,stop trying to rustle my jimmies

2. A Beta can be understanded as a complete version of the game, ready for testing. Alpha can be the one who is lacking several systems. They wan't to core sandbox content in, before anything get tested. If they launch an early beta, buggy unstable and crashy, people will downrate this game to hell.
    Most games now do not take risks with Early Betas. ;)

Menasor, Evithlia and Beta_Nebula like this.
  3. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

4. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

1. Even though all the replies might not seem like bashing, all of that combined negativity sure is.
    2. You are correct, but don't you think he has had enough? This guy has been overly excited, and then disappointed. A lot of the community has gone through the same thing.
    3. Completely ignoring a thread, even if it is bumped, will make it go away faster than leaving the occasional "OGM ITS GOING TO BE OUT WHEN IT IS JUST BE QUIET" posts.

rabidwolf9 likes this.
  5. The Question

The Question Ketchup Robot

6. Star and Moon

Star and Moon Space Kumquat

You're disappointed because your expectations are way too high.

ryder720, Menasor and WoxandWarf like this.
  7. This is IMPORTANT. Set our expectations too high, it's the certain way to end up disappointed.
    We must be realistic upon things, and not look to perfection. ;)

ryder720, Menasor, WoxandWarf and 4 others like this.
  8. Sorane

Sorane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's take a long time to create a game, even for our students project (which is really shorts games) we need a year of creation.
    So for a game like Starbound, this is obviously normal to need a lot of time.
    Even the AAA needs more time.
    So we just have to be patient

WoxandWarf likes this.
  9. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

I agree with you. I am unhappy that the developement team projected the date to be late summer 2012, then end of 2012, then early 2013, then summer 2013, and now I am hearing rumors of even late 2013 or 2014.

It is actually pathetic that they made claims of such early dates, when obviously production was nowhere near reaching that deadline. Hopefully this next prediction will be more on-target than the earlier ones.

10. The date is 2013, OFFICIALLY. They won't, or can't, fail this date, not with the Pre-Orders Up. The other dates were not official, just something they said "aiming for", and i'm sure they regret that, many games, from Indies to Big AAA Titles Fail their dates and act like it was nothing, or cancel the games in the middle of development.
    But the longer wait going to worth it, the game gone to a whole next level. ;)

11. Sorane

You'r totaly right Bacon !

12. Netrolf

Netrolf Void-Bound Voyager

Each time I read a post saying that Starbound is "late" it reminds me of this quote from "Indie Game the Movie"...

I'm sorry for the rude language in this quote, but seriously, 1 year of developpement is nothing. Some game took much more time and they are AAA games with a lot of people behind it... not indie game. I'm pretty sure they're doing the best they can so let them work and be patient..

Commander Donut and WoxandWarf like this.
  13. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

More time doesn't always result in a better product. It is of my own opinion that in early stages of developement they were being a bit lazy. Of course I understand that they needed to work to eat and had other things to do, I don't really mean "lazy" but just sluggishly developing the game itself. Now that pre-orders are out we should probably get 2013, as you said, because it finally gives Chucklefish the work ethic and support to go full-time at this.

14. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

Every time he posts I think he's trying to do some unwarranted damage control.

15. Sorane

I'm really sorry, but I don't anderstand your message at all...

16. As they Devs stated before, they delayed because when they saw, they could release it in 2012, but they wanted to do more, to launch a better game.
    It was their choice, and now that I see the progress the game is making, from major stuff to little details, I support that decision they took in 2012.

17. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

Non-indie games may have a much larger developement team, but it ultimately takes longer because they have so much more content added into the game, like amazing graphics, AI, tons and tons of voice-acted well written quest sequences, and more. Your logic didn't really make much sense. Yeah, they have much more people. But it takes more time to create a game at that level.

18. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

And, from what I heard, the folks who worked on Red Dead Redemption were pretty much worked like slaves. The guys at Starbound couldn't even work on the game full time until recently.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  19. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

From what I have seen implemented since then, and from what I saw back then, I am certain the game wouldn't of been playable at all. Ffs, they only just added the UI, game menu, and talking. This game hasn't been anywhere near playable until now. So if they actually stated that, then I just lost a lot more respect for them.

Rhea likes this.
  20. Sorane

I didn't know that, so there are awsome, they create an univers like this with a job at the same time ?
    Woooww, amazing !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.