1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why im highly disapointed about the team from Starbound part 2

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by leonD, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

well i got some points (my english is not THAT bad sorry lol) but i dont see here the case, the reasons and the words how to explain it. its not about the release date and not stuff around. how i said its more the stuff "they work on" but i try to come back on this later (coz its already late here, 4.25 am. and even i need a nap).

2. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

What were trying to say is that you are complaining about the release date. You are upset about what they have said in the small progress reports, that is understandable, but unreasonable. They work on stuff when they have the time.

3. Spike

Spike Supernova

The devs on starbound had worked on the important stuff, like random generation, world generation, item generation, physics, lights, items, crafting and mobs. They have their priorities straight, and they have done the important stuff before doing the unimportant stuff like menus and recipes. Let me repeat that; menus and recipes are not important, so they saved it for last.

4. NFossil

NFossil Phantasmal Quasar

So let me guess, the OP thinks the devs should have finished some contents a long time ago, instead of still working on them now.
    And trying a concise answer: The team knows more about what they should finish first than the OP does.

5. Zoolot

We've said that time and time again. In different ways and with different words, to no avail.

NFossil likes this.
  6. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

stuff like yea, thats why i say it should be already a playable version right now. they still can build up design and co and stuff around but still there is nothing to see about at all. How i said first 2012, end 2012, 1q 2013 and now 2013. i guess now we got this and im glad we did. hell i need a nap. and a coffee. and some chocolate....and maybe something to smoke.

edit: let me die stupit or explain it me: what do you mean with "OP"? i know this lil word for "over powered" (lol reasons)...

7. TheSpoon

TheSpoon Big Damn Hero

Games as big as starbound take time. Lots of time. Are you really *that* annoyed over them giving a *estimated* release date, when it was the community screaming at them to do it in the first place? We asked for for a released date, they tried to give on, and they missed it. Big freaking deal, they made a mistake. They're only people. People make mistakes. But they have more then made up for that TINY mishap with a roadmap, streams, screenshots, weekly monsters, now daily updates, a news latter and a whole bunch of other stuff.

And about 'the game being done ages ago'. It clearly wasn't. They had a playable game, but it was not in the state they wanted it to be in for the beta. It needed more work. Which is why they kept on working on it. It's not hard to understand.
    I don't think you realize that 'beta' will actually be pretty much the *full game*, without the story missions. Starbound was also released a lot earlier in its development then most games, i think because of legal reasons, making it seem like chucklefish are taking longer then most devs, but they really aren't. They're doing the best the can, and it's been great.

You being angry is unjustified. That's why people have been telling you to stop complaining.

8. UncleCoord

UncleCoord Big Damn Hero

I will say it once more before I give up hope... The game probably is in a playable state right now, given a few minor tweaks, its probably been in a playable state for some time.

BUT THEY DONT WANT TO RELEASE IT UNTIL ITS AS CLOSE TO PERFECT AS POSSIBLE PRE-BETA.

9. Spike

Spike Supernova

Games usually takes years. Starbound began its development in 2012. They should not have a finished version of the game until at least 2014.

Also, there are plenty to see about starbound. There's plenty already shown about starbound and what it can do.

Also, smoking is bad for you. You should not smoke for your own sake.

WoxandWarf and Zoolot like this.
  10. Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

You know, re-opening a locked topic might be a no-no.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  11. Spike

Spike Supernova

Nope, apprently the mods gave him permission to re-open his topic since the last one was locked for flaming.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  12. Zoolot

OP is Original Poster. The thing is Chucklefish want to make the game the best it can be regardless of how long it takes. They want to create the best game that they can and not take any shortcuts. I say be patient and just wait and watch, Starbound will be worth it.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  13. darthfreezen

darthfreezen Void-Bound Voyager

no need to hate the devs for not coming up with a number that they cant yet give out.... You cant just get mad at the devs for not stating what they have been doing for the past year. But guess what! Games dont take 3 days to complete, and its not easy to stay connected to the community 24/7 all year every year

14. Hat

Hat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wait, so you're disappointed in all the devs, because of a release date that wasn't real? I see them as trying to perfect it, really. They thought it would be done by then, but they wanted to make it better, so they delayed it.

15. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

looking last topic and some around here about "exp of making games".

i need tablocks. tablocks let me write in big letters.
    and i heard and READ about it. still i wonder~

16. Spike

Spike Supernova

First of all, there's no such thing as a tab-lock. It's a capslock.

But my point is, starbound is different from an RPG game. It would take them YEARS, YEARS to make a working prototype of it. 2013 was probably too early for them, since starbound would take at least 3 to 4 years of hard work to get it completely done.

leonD, Zoolot and WoxandWarf like this.
  17. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

so if that all is "fine", where is it? :/ as already said the beta should be close to the end game, i wonder now which "kind of version" will comes out to play...hmmm.....

edit: dont come back now with the updates. i know already.

18. Zoolot

Yep, this thread is pretty much done. Had a great conversation but im finished, it is obviously impossible to explain it to this person.

[​IMG]

Jääkäri and Starsly like this.
  19. Spike

Spike Supernova

You can see it all on starbound's home page. There's a DAILY update giving you all the evidence that they're doing a LOT OF STUFF.

20. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

i edit that already ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.