1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why im highly disapointed about the team from Starbound part 2

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by leonD, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UncleCoord

UncleCoord Big Damn Hero

You may be correct, I am working from memory here at 3:15AM, but I think my point still standsX3.

Beta_Nebula likes this.
  2. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

Work done on time? And I suppose you were paying the devs before 2013? No? Then you have no right to complain. I'd understand if the game was delayed again after everyone gave them their money, but they haven't yet.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  3. Gorshum

Gorshum Star Wrangler

I understand that you're upset. However the way you phrase things makes it seem like you're arguing for the mere sake of having an argument. I don't mean any offense by that but people have read your comments and responded to you directly about them; yet if they don't agree with you then you say they aren't listening and they just aren't trying to understand.

From my perspective it -sounds- to me like you're asking why things that appear basic to you that you saw them working on last year are not finished yet. If that is indeed what you are asking, people have responded to that already. Other things of priority come up first. This feature or that feature may not be done because they are adding a lot more to it than they did then, because they wanted to work on other features they felt were more important, there were major bugs that they had to fix, or any other host of reasons.

They haven't simply stopped working on things. They've been giving time to things that they, knowing the project inside and out, feel are more important at the time. There have been several posts that give even more specific reasoning like someone who quoted Tiy about the progress of things and the difficulties that go along with that.

So I honestly don't understand why you're not content with any of these responses as from my perspective they've been answering your questions. You also kind of seem to jump around a lot too like here:

Because to my perception you're asking why the game isn't out when you're saying originally you're not talking about why the game isn't out. That's what gives the impression of arguing just to argue. If you truly have questions and concerns people are willing to respond to them but they have to be phrased in a way that people can understand and don't sound like you're just trying to run them in circles.

4. Felonious

Felonious Existential Complex

I try and I try to like this again, but all I manage is unliking and liking over and over again.

On a more constructive note: I am sure the devs are sorry for their past mistake of prematurity, that's why the current release is so vague. They want to make this game to Terraria what the sun is to our Earth. It takes time and commitment, and as fans and customers we should be patient. I think it's a bit too late for them to skip town with our cash, so I'm gonna sit back and relax. After all, I've got all the time in the world.

5. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

No, you obviously don't understand. It doesn't matter when something gets finished. If the devs have the time to do one thing and not another it doesnt matter, Everything will be finished when the game is completed.

Beta_Nebula likes this.
  6. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Work that was started last year can be finished this year. The basic menu was started in 2012, but more work was done on the Options Menu this year. Do you see how these are two different events? Sorry if no one in this thread is sympathetic towards you, it's because you are not speaking clearly and do not seem to be well informed in state of the project. If you want to keep track of the work being done I would suggest you check the daily updates.

Beta_Nebula likes this.
  7. Haunt

Haunt Pangalactic Porcupine

"Hi, we believe that we can release on 'x' date, because there is 'y' amount of work to do."

"My apologies, but as it turns out that we'll have to release on 'x+p' date, because as it turns out, there's more than 'y' amount of work to do to make this game up to par with our expectations."

"Hey, it's me again. I believe the game is almost done. We're confident that it'll be done soon so here's a pre-order!"

Meanwhile...

"im angry coz devs are lazy"

8. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

yeah, i think you're right, it's not flame yet... but looks like OP refuses to understand, and this isn't going anywhere... :(

i'd say: mr OP, too bad game wasn't released when dev's intended and we wanted... but don't be rude about it :up:

Zoolot and Beta_Nebula like this.
  9. UncleCoord

UncleCoord Big Damn Hero

Surely it would be y+p amount of work to do...

Damn my maths :<

10. MRGOOGLES

MRGOOGLES Phantasmal Quasar

oh it will be closed soon this thread hasnt even been up long the devs prolly taking a 15 min break :laugh:

11. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

i wish my english would be at -this point- better to try to tell that i exactly mean *facepalm* (nothing against you guys dont worry but i miss some words). i guess i need some help here that more people understand that.

12. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

Y + p(y/x)

13. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

Don't worry, we wish your english was better too. It's obvious you don't understand a word we're saying. It might be better for everyone if you just dropped the topic and stopped making the same points over and over again.

14. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

Just change the OP to "Broken dreams and promises" and everything will be oookay

WoxandWarf likes this.
  15. Rozy

Rozy Phantasmal Quasar

I wouldn't say leonD is being rude about it so much as... I get the idea he's trying to get across but it's hard to actually tell what he means in full.

If you don't mind me asking (And you read this) leonD what exactly is your native language? If someone here knows or shares it maybe a better dialog can be made and someone can try and help ease whatever is really bothering you. It's just distressing to see someone trying to get a point across like this and run into the language barrier.

Dagorran and WoxandWarf like this.
  16. Spike

Spike Supernova

Take your time. We're always ready to listen.

But just so you know, the devs have done a lot of coding in 2012, which is the bulk of starbound's core mechanics. They have always been working hard on the game, and have noticeable results to show us. I'd also like to point out that most of the game is finished, and that they've never promised to release the game in 2012, or even 2013.

Lobo, WoxandWarf and Beta_Nebula like this.
  17. Haunt

Haunt Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah, damn, you're right. I think this entire fiasco is massacring my brain cells.

Well, I'm out. I'm going to do something that kills less of them (e.g go clean my washrooms, where I'll inhale many, many, chemical fumes). It seems our good friend leonD just can't grasp what we're trying to tell him and what he's trying to say.

Thinking cap off, latex gloves on.

Zoolot, WoxandWarf and Beta_Nebula like this.
  18. Felonious

Felonious Existential Complex

Your English could be as bad as my Swahili, and there are still a few ways to get the point across: be concise and direct. Don't repeat yourself. Be objective, not emotional. Above all, try to sound less like your raging at the devs and more like you are filing a formal complaint.

Beta_Nebula and WoxandWarf like this.
  19. UncleCoord

UncleCoord Big Damn Hero

This is how I like to start many of my sexual escapades.

20. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

Agreed. Besides, all of this talk about how hard it is to make a game makes me want to open Pygame and start a new project.

WoxandWarf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.