1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why im highly disapointed about the team from Starbound part 2

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by leonD, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

We already answered that question. We've explained why things aren't done on time. We've explained why some things that you seem to think are top priorities haven't been done until later. It doesn't matter when you think things should be done. All that matters is how long it realistically takes stuff to get done. You don't seem to get that. Yes, in a perfect little world everything gets done exactly based on the first loose estimate. But that's not how the real world works.

WoxandWarf and Felonious like this.
  2. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

ok you want a sample? if i say 2012 SHOULD the game be finish so it should be a playable version out of it shouldnt it? and i dont mean with playable version a 1.0 version.

3. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

this may havebeen a thread about something once...
    but clearly now it doesn't matter who's right, its just flame :down:

Ordona, i know you are there somewhere, please close this...

WoxandWarf likes this.
  4. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

Yea, the thing is, we've told you a million times why that's not the case. You're not listening.

Ordona has already refused to close the thread, despite everyone's objections.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  5. Spike

Spike Supernova

No one said that the game is to be finished in 2012. Tiy said that the game is expected to be done in 2012, but that expectation changed after he saw the amount of work he had to do.

WoxandWarf, Dagorran and Beta_Nebula like this.
  6. Aveneon

Aveneon Master Chief

Okay... So the time wasn't what they said first.... But I rather have a game that is properly worked through instead of an early release packed with bugs. I've seen too many games releasing way too early, and I have seen games release a date just to move it again, because something came up or another idea came up. So deal with it, this team is one of the most community-integrated I have seen for a long time! They are making a kick-ass game, and it takes the time it takes.

7. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

WoxandWarf and Beta_Nebula like this.
  8. NFossil

NFossil Phantasmal Quasar

Seriously?

fallingorbit and Beta_Nebula like this.
  9. Felonious

Felonious Existential Complex

This really isn't a flame war, it's not near aggressive enough, and far too civil. People are simply attempting to get points across, even if one side of the argument is fairly hard to understand in it's garbled cipher.

Beta_Nebula likes this.
  10. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

You can say whatever you like. I could say I have a million dollars... does that mean a fat stack of cash will fall from the sky? No. You obviously don't understand the work that goes into making a game, its takes years to get everything together. Chucklefish want to make the game as great as it can be, it may take longer but it'll be the best game in existance.

Beta_Nebula likes this.
  11. Haunt

Haunt Pangalactic Porcupine

I...shit man, maybe this is too mean but I'll try to respond in your language.

people when game making dont know just HOW long it take for game to done only give lose guess coz us costmers ast for it we peopl anser yor question many times.

WoxandWarf, Zoolot, Felonious and 2 others like this.
  12. Spike

Spike Supernova

And please remember that the 2013 release date is ESTIMATED. They could easily release this game in 2014, and not break any promises. None what-so-ever.

13. UncleCoord

UncleCoord Big Damn Hero

The reason behind this is because Tiy wants to release the beta as close to 'finished' as possible, its my understanding that the beta will basically be v1.0 minus the storyline + quests...

Because of this some things that you may view as 'vital' may not have been done until later as they had no intention of releasing until the game was as good as it could be pre-beta...

Zoolot likes this.
  14. Rozy

Rozy Phantasmal Quasar

Look leonD, I think we get what you're saying and I actually agree that the 2012 winter release date estimate was irresponsible of the dev team if they were gonna take the game in this direction. But this is kind of the nature of game development. Or really any creative outlet. You can't be entirely sure when something with so many little parts is going to be done and you make a guess. Sometimes it's wrong.

I personally do believe they're just trying to make it as good as we all hope it is. So we just need to have faith in the devs is all.

If worse comes to worse and it comes out a piece of junk, THEN we can skewer them.

Autzome, Ordona, Zoolot and 1 other person like this.
  15. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

serioulsy. its not about the realease date its about the work on time. gotcha?

edit: wait that came out wrong i guess...

16. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

That... is literally the same thing.

17. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

You're still going in a loop here.

WoxandWarf and Beta_Nebula like this.
  18. MRGOOGLES

MRGOOGLES Phantasmal Quasar

Guys stop trolling him he obviously wasn't English speaking as a first language. The developers can defend themselves okie doke its just excitement turned to frustration is all let it be. this will probably get closed soon anyways as lots of people FLAMED UP :fireball:

19. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

Going a bit off topic, but I thought the storyline and quests were going to be in the beta. Ah well, I usually fool around before going anywhere near the main questline anyway. :p

20. Spike

Spike Supernova

They've finished a lot of coding work in 2012, which is impossible to show you without boring everyone in the room; I think they're being pretty diligent during their entire time spent on starbound, and I think they will be diligent about it even a year after it is released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.