Modding Help Why can't I put Teleporters in my TileD map?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by hythl0day, Dec 22, 2015.

1. hythl0day

hythl0day Subatomic Cosmonaut

Everything else is fine(beside TileD itself often lost response, to prevent lost I have to save very often), the most important problem to me is when I put in teleporters, I get this error:

PS: I have another question, why some of the item is "invalid", and more, why "specific which invalid items are invalid" is different when I open different maps(myself vs game's existed map)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  2. Monijir

Monijir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Best Answer
    Huh. That's kind of strange. I think there are .config files for the teleporter that say whether or not you can bookmark them. If you know how to add custom properties to an object in tiled, you can try adding one called parameters and giving it the value
    Code:
    {"interactData" : "/interface/warping/remoteteleporter.config", "teleporterFootPosition" : [0, 1]}

3. Monijir

About the editor crashing - you can try turning OpenGL suppport off under Edit > Preferences > Allow accelerated drawing. That helps some people with crashes.
    Are you talking about ANY teleporter or just the "mission teleporter" specifically? Mission teleporter is the only one I'm missing a picture for. There is one just called 'teleporter' that's in the "objects-by-race / apex" tileset. It works in the test arena mission map. Invalid tiles (usually have a little red x in a white box) just seem to be tiles that are missing some information they need to work, for whatever reason it's better to add them to the list and say they're broken than to skip them all together. The invalid property and the invalid image are both from Starbound's tile sets - they aren't related to the tiled program specifically.

4. hythl0day

I tried different teleporters, only the "mission teleporter" and "ancient console" works, the teleporter from outpost, and those craftable teleporters are alll causing error.
    However the point is try to let player bookmark this map so they could teleport here later(just like we can teleport to outpost), but with mission exit teleporter and ancient console, they both disabled bookmark function.
    I even tried created my own teleporter object and add it to a new tileset(I remembered export tilesets in Tiled), but this time game log give me another different error.

The map itself is fine, if I remove the teleporter object, I can warp there(with admin command) without any trouble.

5. Monijir

Best Answer
    Huh. That's kind of strange. I think there are .config files for the teleporter that say whether or not you can bookmark them. If you know how to add custom properties to an object in tiled, you can try adding one called parameters and giving it the value
    Code:
    {"interactData" : "/interface/warping/remoteteleporter.config", "teleporterFootPosition" : [0, 1]}

6. hythl0day

Yes, after adding those parameters, there are no more errors!
    But why?

And there's a strange thing about ancient console, I cant bookmark it(does not show the bookmark window when first interact) even if I added "canBookmark" = true in the config file, the other stuff is normal, because it will display the custom planet name in the list.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  7. Monijir

Because its Christmas, duh.

It's just over riding the part of the .object file that points to the teleporter configuration. ( Object properties always override tile properties btw )It was just a hunch though. I was messing with the challenge gates a while back and remembered that the .config was where it says whether or not it can be bookmarked.

8. hythl0day

I solved it earlier myself, I found out that, in vanilla game, ancient console is not acutally a "teleporter"(without the objecttype = teleporter in the config).

Thank your for your helps!