1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Are the Novakid so Popular?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Will Liferider, Mar 15, 2014.

1. zappypunchy

zappypunchy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm just riding the Space Cowboy train.

2. ThunderBeta

ThunderBeta Big Damn Hero

Because this game had monkeys, robots, flowers, fish, penguins, and menacing mushrooms. It needed cowboys.

But don't they need horses? …. NOVAhorses?
    I think this is suitable concept art. Don't stare at it too long.
    [​IMG]

Rune the Red Panda likes this.
  3. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Don't give people ideas xD

Pony mods as a canon race don't make much sense, and gaseous creatures taking humanoid forms is rather unoriginal, but neon coloured gaseous star-ponies would get shit past the radar and remains relatively original concept xD

4. Aggravated

Aggravated Aquatic Astronaut

I was psyched until I found out there weren't racial specific bonuses of whatever.
    I wanted to run around setting grass on fire and fearing water while glowing brightly into cavern depths.

5. Cell Materia

Cell Materia Cosmic Narwhal

errybody gas baggin' about them gas bags

6. ClockworkMidnight

ClockworkMidnight Big Damn Hero

I like them because Bietol actually thought them out and if you read some of his posts in the 'Meet the Novakid' Thread he's got everything from their social habits to how they reproduce and what they poop thought out and mentioned. And it's actually interesting how he has it the way their minds work, they're not stupid adhd cases they're just too smart and impatient. I like it when a race has a good foundation and enough info that you could write a good roleplay profile or fanfic for your character without having to guess at things.

Sure, they're memory is crap as far as long term history as a race but I think they're adorable and quite fascinating!

Thorndancer likes this.
  7. Kirumaru

Kirumaru Pangalactic Porcupine

Straight outta 2014!

When Novakids were released I played the hell out of Burst Reynolds.
    But ultimately, I did not like the linear ship - even though I love trains it was a pain to navigate.
    I do like their outfits a great deal, but their outfits look good on everyone. :)

I haven't played a Novakid since their debut.

8. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

beacuse their starting items are fadafakin guns? (!?!?!??!)

9. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

It's because they have one thing in common with the Internet.

Immaturity.

Nuf said.

Now,now. Don't swarm this comment.
    You know this is true.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    Lintton and Will Liferider like this.
  10. Master Automan IV

Couldn't agree more!:laugh:

11. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Apart from their style, it is likely because, unlike the other playable species, their craftable weapons aren't carbon copies of that of everyone else in everything but looks.

Alkanthe likes this.
  12. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I don't see the hype about a walking talking coloured gasbag honestly. Ehh.. Personal preferences I guess

13. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

I posted this before they were available to play, and much of the hype around them has gone down since then, so I'm presuming that it was mostly because we couldn't have them yet.

Alkanthe likes this.
  14. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Whether we could use them or not I still don't see why they're popular.

15. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

People tend to want what they can't have I guess

16. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I like having them around cuz they are colorful, and make utterly no sense most of the time... I wouldnt play as one tho, Floran all the wayyyyy!

*sstab ssstab SSSTAB!!*

17. Master Automan IV

At this point, we're just repeating our selves.
    I believe 6 of use said, "we like Novakids because we don't have them"(which can be applied to anything mind you)

Soo, to put this soon to be boring thread to bed(hey that rhymed), let's say people like some things, and others like other things.

Farewell, my people need me.

18. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Don't really understand why they would be popular.....they are cool but their ship is as insufferable as can be imagined and the ship pets aren't really cool. There's mods but still.....not cool.

19. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I was still pretty stoked when I started getting some novakid colonists, complete with their own speaking lines and gambling tables. Now I just need to add some stuff for the colonists to play with before that piano drives me mad...

20. jasonwolf

jasonwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Two words.

Space cowboys

pop-yotheweird likes this.