Whole-Farm Screenshot?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Landwalker, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Landwalker

Landwalker Pangalactic Porcupine

Is there any way to take a single screenshot of one's entire farm, a la this amazing image?

I would love to be able to take an image of my entire farm each week (or whatever) to record its progress over time...

• Landwalker

Surely there is some other way to do that...

Besides, whether I use "Fullscreen" or "Borderless Windowed", the game seems to use the exact same resolution (which is allegedly 1920x1080, but I don't know how trustworthy that number is).

Certainly not the five-digit resolution that would be necessary to zoom that far out.

(Edit: I'll have to do some comparative screenshots when I get home tonight so I can more easily see the differences between the various resolution options. My whole video section of the Options menu has been kind of weird, and the game never seems to save them between when I exit the game and re-launch it, though, so maybe there's some something wonky going on and my resolution selection isn't being acknowledge/recognized in the first place.)

• Landwalker

If that is in fact the case, I would like to (1) Submit that as a suggestion / future feature request, and (2) like to know how in God's name that screenshot cited above even happened. It doesn't appear to be a collage of a number of "smaller" screenshots, because otherwise you would expect to see the character in a whole bunch of different places around the farm (once per screenshot), but I see no evidence of this.

Maybe Bexy is somehow just using a 9600 × 5,400 resolution or something...

• Guswut

Guswut Ketchup Robot

That image was almost certainly "taken" by taking a BUNCH of screenshots of each part of the farm (as much as you can normally take) and then "stitching" them together with an image editor like Photoshop. That's the way most people make images like that in games such as Terraria, etc.

• zoeevee

zoeevee Zero Gravity Genie

That is how ConcernedApe said it was done on twitter.

• Tamsyn

Tamsyn Void-Bound Voyager

I'm on my phone right now, so I can't find the Twitter post, but somebody asked CA about that and he said he planned on adding the ability to do that soon. Bug fixes are taking up most of his time right now, though.

• Landwalker

Ah, was not aware of that. Thank you for the info!

Even better to know! I'll be looking forward to that. Obviously bug fixes come first (as they should).

I appreciate the enlightenment, fellas.