1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which of these do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Aug 6, 2013.

?

Which is your fav

1. A

22.3%
  2. B

77.6%
  1. Ateerix

Ateerix Pangalactic Porcupine

Where is option 3 with nothing at the bottom, and the last two things you have at the top near the hotbars??

Xetor and DJOkamical like this.
  2. Yngvar

Yngvar Orbital Explorer

I think I like B better. I like having the hunger bar by the character portrait. As for the other two bars, I'm not entirely sure what I prefer. The best thing would be to have several different UI placement options in a menu, but that's extra work, which you don't need right now. :)

DJOkamical and OzzytheFist like this.
  3. Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

Option B is very neat and easy to read. Option A is a little bit everywhere.

DJOkamical likes this.
  4. MsSprite

MsSprite Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't know i live the overall feel of A i don't really have any other way of explaining why lol

DJOkamical likes this.
  5. imrevned

imrevned Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

Nohar, Eriktion, DJOkamical and 5 others like this.
  6. Ronoroa Zoro

Ronoroa Zoro Astral Cartographer

i think B , but the guys that says the other option looks cool too
    I smell BETA xD

DJOkamical likes this.
  7. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

I like B, but why do the bars need to be at the bottom? They could be at the top like the air bar in A.

DJOkamical and Thanel like this.
  8. hazzary453

hazzary453 Big Damn Hero

i much prefer a
    perhaps make it so you have a choice that would be great, just a suggestion
    Edit: I've changed my mind even if i voted a, i still think a choice would be good

DJOkamical likes this.
  9. OzzytheFist

OzzytheFist Big Damn Hero

Out of the two, B is the best. It looks very collected, and flows nicely. I would swap the breath bar and food bar, and put the food bar under the health as it was in A. That is my preference.

DJOkamical likes this.
  10. Cybercat

Cybercat Aquatic Astronaut

Just add a hud options subsection and let us choose.

11. Rostfrei

Rostfrei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why not make it so that you can hold a button and then pull your GUI around how you want it? Is that possible? That would open the possibility for everyone to create his own GUI layout should he not be happy with the standart one. And maybe make it snap to the borders of the screen if it comes near it.

DJOkamical likes this.
  12. Iterum

Iterum Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Must admit, I do like them both. But since I have to choose from one of the two, I vote for B.

DJOkamical likes this.
  13. I like B more.

DJOkamical likes this.
  14. Sowaka

Sowaka Phantasmal Quasar

I want the temperature bar to look as it did before, the current one is just too simple.

DJOkamical likes this.
  15. conorbebe

conorbebe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

B, although I'd rather the meters be at the top of the screen rather than at the bottom.

DJOkamical likes this.
  16. OzzytheFist

OzzytheFist Big Damn Hero

Simple's what they were going for.

DJOkamical likes this.
  17. Snaipan

Snaipan Master Chief

How about you make a selectable icons?

DJOkamical likes this.
  18. Yngvar

Yngvar Orbital Explorer

I think it's a bit important to have the breath meter close to the center of the screen. Something I notice when I'm playing Terraria is that it's a bit impractical to navigate the underwater terrain while having to look up towards the corner of the screen all the time and keep track of my breath. I would prefer being able to look at my character and at the same time be able to pay attention to the breath meter.

I guess the same applies to the temperature meter if there are cases where you have to constantly pay attention to the temperature.
    I think it's less important with the hunger, as that one will drain much slower.

19. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

B, the extra bar on the top is barely visible compared, I rather have the main screen free.

DJOkamical likes this.
  20. eliotcougar

eliotcougar Orbital Explorer

Have you considered non-bar approach, like for example in "Don't Starve" where you apply some "frost/ice" overlay around the screen and play warning sound after the body temperature parameter gets too low or pass certain thresholds?..