1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which of these do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Aug 6, 2013.

?

Which is your fav

1. A

22.3%
  2. B

77.6%
  1. Chlios1187

Chlios1187 Aquatic Astronaut

personally, i'd like to not search around the screens for my players vitals, and "A" puts them all in the same general vacinity. so i'm going with a.
    Although, now that i read the descriptions, if the temp. and air bar were not visible, then i suppose the hunger bar would fit better with the health bar...

DJOkamical likes this.
  2. GhostSignals

GhostSignals Void-Bound Voyager

Lengthen the food bar in B, and it'll look better. More even.

Still voted for B in the end.

DJOkamical likes this.
  3. LtCloud

LtCloud Space Hobo

Why not give the option for both in the settings, if it's not too much hassle?

DJOkamical and imrevned like this.
  4. kenmario

kenmario Corporate Co-Chair

I honestly prefer A, but the oxygen metre should be like the food-bar in B, to make it feel more important, and easier to see.

EDIT: HOLY BEJEEBUS MINDWAVE - Merge Oxygen with Stamina?

DJOkamical and Sower like this.
  5. Sogin

Sogin Industrial Terraformer

I would like a combo of the two. The O2 bar on the top and all of the status bars under the character.

Athauxan and DJOkamical like this.
  6. DJOkamical

DJOkamical Space Kumquat

I prefer B.

Gouki likes this.
  7. imrevned

imrevned Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think that option A just makes more sense (like.. with option B, the health/hunger bar seems randomly thrown somewhere), but option B gets rid of the clutter which I personally would prefer, as I want to see all of the beauty that which is Starbound!

So I chose B :p

DJOkamical likes this.
  8. GarrickWinter

GarrickWinter Void-Bound Voyager

I prefer B. I'm kind of OCD about the food bar not matching the health and energy bars in width and end point, but I still think it's a better overall look.

Also, does this mean we can freeze to death, but cannot cook to death on super hot planets? Or do really hot planets just set us on fire?

DJOkamical likes this.
  9. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

I like the B option, but isn't it possible to have both, and customizable, according to player's settings in the future?

DJOkamical likes this.
  10. Ben

Ben Title Not Found

I voted for B, but you should also be able to make the bars appear on demand by pressing a certain key.

DJOkamical and Thanel like this.
  11. greenskye

greenskye Pangalactic Porcupine

I vote option B with player animations for hunger at certain checkpoints. That way your less likely to die of starvation. Similar feature for temperature. Not sure if its needed for breath as hopefully you realize you're underwater...

DJOkamical likes this.
  12. Begin66

Begin66 Void-Bound Voyager

B, but swap hunger and temperature, knowing how hungry you are all the time is like knowing you always have air which means it should show only when it becomes important. Temperature however adds atmosphere if you are always aware of it (swamps, for example, can be hot or cold)

DJOkamical likes this.
  13. XDarkPhoenixX

XDarkPhoenixX Pangalactic Porcupine

B... but maybe with breath up top like A?

DJOkamical likes this.
  14. Blosser

Blosser Space Spelunker

Depends on how often you think we'll be using those meters for information.

For the breath meter it makes perfect sense to never show it unless you're under water. It's a little more subtle with the temp/food meters. The food I can see as being more ever-present than the temp because someone might want to keep themselves "topped off" when preparing for a long trek. As long as the temp meter is shown with enough warning so the player has time to address it, hiding and showing should be good.

So, long story short, I'd go with B :p

DJOkamical likes this.
  15. AbsoluteZero101

AbsoluteZero101 Void-Bound Voyager

I like the design of A more, but I do like how clear B would be

DJOkamical likes this.
  16. Befoul

Befoul Master Chief

B for sure. Much easier to gather that info at a glance. However I would like to see the temp bar the whole time.
    Maybe even put the hunger bar above the health bar? So that with a quick glance you get all the info you need without searching around the whole screen.
    Ah hell who am I kidding I am not a programmer, but I do like B better.

DJOkamical likes this.
  17. Curly Parmesan

Curly Parmesan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why not have them like they were in one of the original mock-ups?

[​IMG]

I was really excited to have the food bar, breath meter, AND temperature meter pop in and out only as needed, with the alt button available to bring to up anytime.

Gaikang, Shahab, Silican Beat and 6 others like this.
  18. Hap818

Hap818 Pangalactic Porcupine

A is unique while B fits the theme and layout/design of the whole thing so I say B

DJOkamical likes this.
  19. Matanui3

Matanui3 Phantasmal Quasar

B, but it would probably look better if the three bars looked more alike (in that mockup, the skinny food bar looks really out of place next to the fat bars above it).

DJOkamical likes this.
  20. Rostfrei

Rostfrei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I second this. Also will the GUI be resizeable?

DJOkamical likes this.