1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which of these do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Aug 6, 2013.

?

Which is your fav

1. A

22.3%
  2. B

77.6%
  1. GhostSignals

GhostSignals Void-Bound Voyager

The food bar in B seems a little weird, being shorter than the other bars. To be honest, I prefer A over B.

wubnut1, Tom Baker and DJOkamical like this.
  2. 122ninjas

122ninjas Tentacle Wrangler

Definitely B

DJOkamical likes this.
  3. Stylµs

Stylµs Phantasmal Quasar

This would be ideal.

MCZleap and DJOkamical like this.
  4. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

The problem we faced with the original hunger UI which would pop up when you were hungry is nobody noticed it. Or some of us didn't. I'd just die of hunger without ever realizing my character was hungry. It was a somewhat large pop up on the bottom. I was too focused on the game to notice it.

5. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

i enjoy B, i tend to always look at my health bar so i can tell what is going on with the hunger but the warmth and cold wont always be a problem so i can ignore it till needed. plus i don't want to be diverting my eyes to the bottom alll the time.

DJOkamical likes this.
  6. Skypool

Skypool Void-Bound Voyager

B!!!!!!

DJOkamical likes this.
  7. NeoPhoenix

NeoPhoenix Tentacle Wrangler

A looks much better than B but I'd prefer them only appearing when needed - like in B.

DJOkamical likes this.
  8. ElectroPro568

ElectroPro568 Poptop Tamer

B is better, it gives more space on the screen.

DJOkamical likes this.
  9. Vulture12

Vulture12 Orbital Explorer

I like B. It's cleaner and the 'urgent' information is front and center, and only when needed. Maybe make the portrait a bit bigger and flip the apple to the other side so all three bars take up the same amount of space.

DJOkamical likes this.
  10. TFGoose

TFGoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

B for me. Sometimes less is more. :)

DJOkamical likes this.
  11. ShadetheDruid

ShadetheDruid Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm siding with the C people, just because I want to be "that guy" who always has to be different. :p Nah, seriously, I think B is good, but put the temperature bar up there under the food one, as a permanent bar too. Then the breath bar could go there as well, but only when it's needed.

Edit: Having all the bars and stuff in one area of the screen is the ideal I think - though I would say, an option for top/bottom alignment of the UI would be nice. I can live with it being at the top, but I like mine to be at the bottom usually. That's just what i'm used to. :p

12. Sart

Sart Master Chief

I prefer the option B. :2

DJOkamical likes this.
  13. Melakias

Melakias Aquatic Astronaut

I like B's food bar, but A's dual bar on the bottom would look nice with oxygen instead of food, that way you can have a less clustered one.

DJOkamical likes this.
  14. Bloq

Bloq Poptop Tamer

I think that the temperature and breath bars should appear when they are necessary, but they should appear in the top left with the other player information, and similar information like hunger. It would also make the hunger bar feel less out of place.

With GUIs, I feel like you should always have to look for ONE place for each set of information - play info top left, inventory top middle, and other things top right. Everything kept at the top also makes it much easier than things all across the screen.

15. riseoflegends

riseoflegends Subatomic Cosmonaut

They both look good, but I think I prefer B. I like the cleaner look.

Would it be possible to have both as options? Some people might prefer being able to keep track of temperature all the time, not just when they're cold.

DJOkamical likes this.
  16. TheNoobParty

TheNoobParty Orbital Explorer

Option B for sure! GUI positions should make sense, not like in option A

DJOkamical likes this.
  17. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

I voted B, however, I don't really like either of them...

DJOkamical likes this.
  18. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

B is more efficient

DJOkamical likes this.
  19. The B, indeed. It could need some Animation or Sound to alert people when it's low for better notice them.
    The food could also be implemented with the others, show when it's low, or when you eat stuff.

DJOkamical likes this.
  20. The Blue Octopus

The Blue Octopus Orbital Explorer

I really like B, but the location of the breath bar for A is better. So. Combine them I guess? Or just go with B, that works too.

Nohar and DJOkamical like this.