1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Armor Path do You Use?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Slippery Slime, Jun 26, 2015.

?

Which Armor Path do You Use?

1. Aegisalt/ Ferozium

2. Rubium/ Cerulium

3. Violium/ Impervium

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Slippery Slime

Slippery Slime Big Damn Hero

So as most of you know there are the 3 separate armor paths in the game at the end with aegisalt, violium, and rubium.

I personally use violium/impervium because I like lots of damage and protection, but not having a lot of energy kinda sucks to. What do you use?

2. Aeronaut

Aeronaut Pangalactic Porcupine

Rubium/Cerulium all the way. Having the mass amounts of energy makes exploration and mobility really convenient.

H0PELESS likes this.
  3. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

As a builder, I have to deal with a lot of monsters spawning on/in/near my buildings, so I use Impervium and just ignore the little buggers.

4. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

I tend to use the accelerator armors (Aegisalt/Ferozium)

I know that the separator (Violium/Impervium) and manipulator (Rubium/Cerulium) are better in most specific situations, but in general i like having more energy then a separator while still begin able to survive more then a manipulator (and i dont fancy swapping armor all the time).

5. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

Violium/Impervium because dagger+shield and grenade launcher+shield are atrociously powerful, and grenade launchers fire slow enough for your energy to recharge even with low energy reserves.

6. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I mix it up, that way i at least have one more shot with my melee armor.

7. whipping post

whipping post Cosmic Narwhal

mixed manipulator and penetrator sets have a superior stat spread than accelerator, so that.

8. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

I tend to roam around the manipulator branch. the gear is hot and the bonus is even nicer, wish i could temper the stuff for a bit more defense though

9. AntiStoned

AntiStoned Big Damn Hero

I use Cerulium with a bit of a mix of Ferozium for a bit of defense, since I mainly rely on techs and use dual pistols.

10. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Impervium for maximum awesomeness!

11. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

The one that offers defense, or a mix of defense & energy.

Haven't really fully decided. I just go with what ever feels right at the time, since I attempt to make them all.:)

That and which ever one I like the look of...

12. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Normally I go with accelerator, as it's balanced. I made all of them, though.

13. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I my first kill on Shockhopper was with a melee in Rubium armor. I do not recommend it. ; ;

14. Kattanos

Kattanos Pangalactic Porcupine

I went with the balanced set (Aegisalt/Ferozium) due to its balanced nature.. Jack of all trades, master of none.. This is due to my mixed fighting style.. For monsters I generally try to soften them up at range if unable to kill them outright.. For ranged enemies (humanoids), I use ranged as I close in, then swap to melee when I can get close enough.. I generally have a 1H melee + shield or 1H pistol + shield combo going.. For "empty hands" I have bandages + shield.. Timing your block is critical to success with my loadouts..

15. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

I use Cerulium set, dual grenade launchers (or rocket launcher, for specific situations), and Targeted Blink for evasion and overall mobility.

16. Mikuel

Mikuel Astral Cartographer

Ferozium. Mainly because I like defense but I want to be able to shoot more than once with my bigger guns...

17. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

As a Xenobiologist I often take pyrosulphuric superacid throwings in the face, so I prefer to limit the damages with impervium armor. ^^'

18. Nefer007

Nefer007 Phantasmal Quasar

Impervium. I need the health as I explore, because oftentimes I forget to heal.

19. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

I play the manly route and use pure melee. Nothing is more satisfying than cutting a giant penguin robot with a sword.

20. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Well, in Stable right now (Spirited Giraffe), there are actually a few armor combinations that are very good. As in, they are balanced, but have higher values than a pure Accelerator set.

[​IMG]

However, that is all changing in the next patch (no clear cut winners anymore). On the Nightly (Pleased Giraffe) these are the values:

[​IMG]

Pleased Giraffe has a new power rating on all armor. That rating makes all weapons hit harder. All of the weapon stats have been scaled down, so that a tier 2 weapon will still be useful even at tier 5, since most of your damage comes from your power rating.

With that in mind, it looks Manipulator is going to be quite over powered next update. I could care less if I have 40 less HP when I am rofl-stomping everything.

P.S. Big shout out to reddit user martialsporK who first made this spreadsheet and discovered the Upbeat Giraffe combinations. I just tweaked the spreadsheet format and updated all of the values for Pleased Giraffe.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015