1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help When I have the server window open I can't launch Starbound plz help

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by P4ND4M0N1UM, Jul 23, 2016.

1. P4ND4M0N1UM

P4ND4M0N1UM Big Damn Hero

I have everything set up and my friends can join but I can't open run Starbound. I'm using the dedicated server from the 1.o update.

2. Bragma

Bragma Subatomic Cosmonaut

Launch the game first, then launch the server. Or launch directly from the folder.

3. dunkeroo

dunkeroo Space Hobo

Got the same problem. When i launch the game directly from the .exe file, none of my saved players show up. It only works when I use the steam launcher.

4. Duelist

Duelist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do it the other way around.

Server from folder, game from steam.

5. dunkeroo

dunkeroo Space Hobo

okay, but when i do that it doesn't load my steam workshop mods on the server.

6. Duelist

Duelist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hm, I don't know. I always just downloaded them manually.

And actually, aren't mods client side? I'm pretty sure all your mods just work, and the server doesn't have anything to do with it. As long as all the players have the same mods, shouldn't they all work?

7. dunkeroo

dunkeroo Space Hobo

nope, tried joining my server, gave me an assets mismatch error.

8. zebrapoe

zebrapoe Big Damn Hero

Same problem lol but I found a solution

[​IMG]

9. Lefl

Lefl Phantasmal Quasar

thit img is not really working,.

the server needs it otherwise others doesnt see for example a modded armor even if they have the mod