1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

when are the penguin king coming and whats his backround story?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by General Nuclear, Nov 12, 2016.

1. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

so i looked at the old backround theme on the forum when i suddenly remembered the penguin king that used to be here
    what happend to him and why haven't he been added
    [​IMG]

i always wondered what was the thing with him like for example

is he like just a random npc like the glitch kings or are he more,are he a monster or are he a boss that we have to fight more then one because he always gets away

is he a quest giver or both do we need to protect him

do he have a huge city and a huge ice castle on a huge icey ocean planet or a frozen endless desert or both do he have a secret labratory or do he only have a small group of penguins
    (not like the so called big ape leir that was way too small and was only one quest)

do he have any enemys is he in war with big ape is he in war with the humans or are more neutral dicktator or a fair leader?

are he confident are he silly or are he serious are he a lier or do he tell the truth

do he have anything to do with the glitches was it they who created the glitches (hopefully not) or have the ones that created the glitches experimented on them (would like that better) or some where in between (that would be the best) or are it just a coinsedent that he wears one of the glitch kings crown

do he have his own secret service

are he just a rip of the runscape penguin king and is that the reason we haven't seen him?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

You might be looking into it a bit too much. An old forum background isn't exactly a concrete indication of what's going to be added to the game, especially when the design has evolved over time.

The Squid likes this.
  3. General Nuclear

Oh come on, they even added him on the icon and they even gave out kickstarter plushies of him indicating that he would be in the game and i'm not sure if i remember right or not but i think he was on the loading screen or the starting box too.

Besides there are still no penguin towns or villager or colonys and this is a race that have ufos and can fix space ships

4. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I just have to say that I'm racist against penguins. Happy Feet ruined penguins for me.

Crooks, all of them. They give birds a bad name.

5. General Nuclear

i never saw that movie because i could see from miles away that it was gonna be a bad movie when i heard it was gonna be a drama about singing and danceing penguins
    the madagascar penguins the show was not bad thought

by the way thats racist

6. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I think you mean speciest.

To be honest, I'd like it if we got large settlements for more than just the playable races. I'd imagine a Penguin King would have to be some sort of retired mercenary master, and absolutely crazy powerful, considering the fact that we have two penguin bosses and they'd be backed up by lots of other penguins. In terms of difficulty to explore, I'd say it'd make a nice post-endgame challenge, defeating a penguin stronghold.

General Nuclear likes this.
  7. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

I found him. The penguin king.

[​IMG]

tehcavy and The Squid like this.
  8. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

Especially considering the little poops are really hard to hit.

9. General Nuclear

in starbound its considered a race http://starbounder.org/Races