1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats your characters backstory?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Master Automan IV, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

The plot:
    A rag tag team of survivors in the post apocalypse future of starbound, is overrun by lens flares.

Every single planet in the galaxy are as dry as my jokes.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  2. Master Automan IV

I've gone to far, can't stop now! Gotta finish it here, baby!

Characters:
    Meet unlikeable cliche and stereotypical starbound characters like:
    The edgy human cliche.:headbanging:
    The atheist avian cliche.:proper:
    The apex rebel leader cliche.:viking:
    The scientist Floran cliche.:nurudapper:
    The badass Hylotl cliche.:hylotl:(the only good one mind you, that can be done well, and can be very original. I've seen it. For both Florans and Hylotls.)
    Luckily, the glitch and novakids have no cliches.

*Inception horn*
    Watch as the Unrealistically large cast of characters, get killed by lens flares.
    *Inception horn*

Watch as the world does not develop at all to make the story interesting.
    *inception hornX3*
    Critics say this is the best movie ever made in history.

"Ugh!! Too many explosions."- Human magazine.

"Floran hate movie! Floran stab movie!"- The Floran thing they use for news or whatever.

" Ugh!! Too many plot twists."- avian newspaper.

"It was art."-The Hylotl times

"Omg!! Best movie of all time!!!"-Space IGN
    "69 out of 10"

"Worst movie ever!!!"-Rotten Feathercrowns

"What the f*** did I just f***ing watch!!!" -Random dude

"Who is this even for!!!"- other random dude.

Continue to watch this god awful trailer to spoil the entire movie.

This 11 hour long movie is thrilling, exciting and cringy as f***!

There are plot twists within plot twists within plot twists within plot twists within plot twists.

Awesome nukes.
    *inception horn x10*
    Awesome explosions.

Directed by space Michael Bay
    Co directed by space M.night shyamalan.

Watch this heeping pile and of sh:poo:t in theaters!!!

Starring: Haden Christensen.
    Adam Sandler.
    Staby stabson.
    Beak feather.
    Random monkey.
    And other terrible actors.

Starbound: the star wars wanna be.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  3. Thornik

Thornik Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I won't be turning my phone off for this movie. No one will mind anyway, since it's a Space Michael Bay movie.

4. jakecool19

jakecool19 Pangalactic Porcupine

Floran wantsssss to sssee movie with ssscientist Floran. Floran likesss movies that everyone else ssstab.

Master Automan IV likes this.
  5. Master Automan IV

Let's not forget the product placement.
    And alien bewbs.
    And space murrica.

6. Master Automan IV

SPOILER!!!!

The scientist Floran is working for the lens flares.

Ohhhhhhhh! Plot twist!

jakecool19 and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  7. jakecool19

Floran no mean to read ssspoiler!!!!! Floran ssstab eyesss out now.

8. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

That's some dedication right there, Floran.

9. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV review of:

Starbound: The movie with Arnold in it.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie......was a pile sentient fecal matter.
    I mean there was a very compelling side plot focusing on the Love between the scientist Floran and badass Hylotl. I would say its better than the main plot. I recall many people crying when the Floran betrayed everyone, but I guess later we learn that the lens flares were the good guys. But this movie is just weird.
    There was a scene where a the avian was trying to make love with a cactus.
    The human just wanted to tap every lady he saw redgarless of race. Big ape is the rebel abex father. This movie really tried to copy star wars didn't it. Greenfinger was killed by the lens flares. The novakids were just a bunch of terrorists. The glitch were the main target for the lens flares. Speaking of glitch, batman showed up, and had a crush for a glitch. He felt like a forced love interest for the glitch woman. I mean never actually cared at all when batman sacrifices himself at all.

Now, the amount of plot twists is insane.

Next in the list is the boobs.
    Just to much.

Finally it been confirmed that George Lucas is making the special edit.

10. jakecool19

Oh sssoundsss like a rated R movie. Floran no like rated R movies. Floran rather watch Floran and Glitch boil Hylotl.

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Floran vs. Glitch 2: Boiled Hylotl Extreme Tornado Shark Nuclear War!

Coming this August...
    A world where only a giant Floran and an extremely upgraded Glitch are alive... Suddenly, the Hylotl army arrives! And with them comes... The zombie Apocalypse!!!! As the Floran and Glitch fight for supremacy, the Hylotls are slowly slaughtered... And then a meteor hits, triggering tidal waves and all sorts of other devastating natural disasters! *cut to shot of the statue of liberty floating away*
    Only one person can save the planet...
    Robot Dwayne Johnson.
    Soon, as Robotic Dwayne Johnson and Darth Vader, who time travelled into the future before he died, fight to the death, a cyborg Vladimir Putin gains control of the entire solar system. With the tornado closing in, and the zombies quickly approaching, the survivors have only one option: the shark launchers.
    Before that can happen, a new force emerges from the darkness... The angry, rocket launcher-wielding monkeys!
    But even more conflict arises when the real Dwayne Johnson arrives, but this time with DMX and Satan by his side! He engages in combat with Robotic Dwayne Johnson, and all hell breaks loose when Big Ape intervenes. Soon, as what remains of the shattered Confederacy marches in from the south for the final battle of the 18th Civil War, the time machine that Darth Vader used malfunction and sends Brian Williams through, along with the Avengers except for Captain America and the Hulk, because they were killed by the Supreme Intergalactic Leader, Bernie Sanders, during the second American Revolution.
    Just how will this mess unravel? Find out in Floran vs. Glitch 2: Boiled Hylotl Extreme Tornado Shark Nuclear War!
    Rated PG
    (Damn that took 16 minutes to write)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  12. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

*Throws money at the screen* TAKE IT! TAKE IT NOW!

Master Automan IV and The Squid like this.
  13. Master Automan IV

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

OK. That was fun and all, but let's get back on topic.

*chuckles* Oops!X3

The Squid likes this.
  14. Master Automan IV

Another character I plucked from the archive of starbound characters.
    Yes, you read that correctly. I have a archive of starbound characters that I made.

Juno Lach

Race: Floran

Juno is that special snowflake of Florans.
    She was picked up before birth, by the lach family. With was made up of: 3 humans, 2 Hylotls, 1 avali, and of course 1 floran.

Juno is rather "cool" for a Floran, most likely caused by being around her human peers.

Juno is one of the 2 engineers of the crew.
    The other being the avali, Silas. We will get to him another time.

Juno of course is highly intelligent.
    Being able to invent wild contraptions since her youth.

Juno's relationship with other Florans is rather, uhhh well...................it aint good.
    Other than that, she is more friendly around the other races.

Juno like many of my other characters, left home together to live better lives.

I hope so dearly I did better. Since Strix's backstory was kinda bad due to not having his biography with me at the time, and having to use muscel memory. Similarly to Juno's.

jakecool19 likes this.
  15. doombotmecha

doombotmecha Void-Bound Voyager

my main character is an avian on unstable named Frostcaller Anivia (most of my character names are references). She was a stargazer, but was less of dogmatic zealot and more of a learned lorekeeper ala medieval monks. Her line of studies kept running into dead ends: why were the stars different colors? how far away were the stars? more centrally, What Are Stars? Her continued irritation at the traditional answers ("Because Kluex made them that way", "Unfathomably", and "the realm of Kluex") led to her being branded a heretic. She escaped on a stargazer ship that was in for maintenance. Her hyperdrive busted on the first jump, stranding her in an unknown star system. When she encountered the outpost and learned of the truth about kluex and the visitors from space she was...shocked, to say the least. Over time, she kept busy, exploring new stars, studying new ores and metals, shotgunning penguins, that sort of thing. Eventually, she found the star that had always intrigued her: an icy blue star, surrounded by dark and frozen planets. As she explored these worlds, she discovered the secrets of rubidium and celerium, and had a realization: if one group of sufficiently advanced spacefarers could start a cult on accident, a well-trained and motivated expert could do it by herself. With her staff, The Will of Kluex, she has set out to convert her people to a new way of thinking. To not just gazing at the stars, but really Seeing them.

I had a mad scientist/megalomaniac self-made royal glitch with an obsession with architecture but my game keeps glitching and now her whole save is corrupted

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  16. A Fellow Explorer

A Fellow Explorer Astral Cartographer

So, wait, are you talking about the backstory given in the codex (or diary, whatever), or our own head canon?

17. Master Automan IV

Your characters own personal backstory.
    The one you create for he/she.
    Not from codex or diaries.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  18. A Fellow Explorer

A Fellow Explorer Astral Cartographer

Ah, okay, thanks. Oh, and journal, that was it.

19. Master Automan IV

You are welcome.
    Now if you excuse me, I need to go back to saving my crew mates from a ship fire!

20. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

Tari Shadowflower-

She was sitting there one day, eating dat tasty meat, when she realized: "Wait I'm the only one here who can speak proper english I shouldn't be hanging with these lame punks"
    So she then stole a ship and flew off.