Modding Help What's the best to do for this race?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by RowanEx, Nov 25, 2016.

1. RowanEx

RowanEx Pangalactic Porcupine

You see, I'm going to try and make a race mod (after creating a SAIL mod that I quickly lost interest, pah!) based on these guys.

[​IMG]
    Journey (Look at that innocent eyes)

Now, I don't know what to call them the Rythulians are pretty odd-looking. I don't even know if I can do it at all. Heh.

Errors4l and AmazonValkyrie like this.
  2. TheNextDecade

TheNextDecade Phantasmal Quasar

Hmm... You can do something interesting in terms of armor. They'll never take off these cloaks, right? You can make it so that all armor for them looks like pretty patterns on the cloak, the more complex the pattern the better the armor. As well as headdresses, probably. Or even more interesting, you can also use the scarf as well.

3. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

I don't see any hands on this image so it would be interesting to have for example magnetic arms and weapons floating in front of your character
    Also they look like Egiptian so maybe respawn animation : Rising from the sands like phoenix?

4. RowanEx

You know your things? Huh, well, now I wonder how I'll get Tier 5 and 6 on it... colorings?

The respawn animation is planned to be like the one in the game Journey (A shooting star hitting sand, then the player rise from it...)

Well, looks like I don't have to fuzz with cloaked arms after your suggestion! Thanks!

5. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

I think it would look great if the default sprites didn't have arms. So the natural armour could really reflect what they look like.

6. MrVauxs

You can take an example of cloaks from Avalii mod and much other things ... just sayin

7. RowanEx

What do you mean?

Nah. They're too puffy-looking and there are no visible(even by looking closely) arms and feet.

8. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Well make the default arms non existent. Blank sprite.

9. MrVauxs

Any progress btw or just planning/dreaming?
    EDIT: Also i think i just added you on steam i don't honestly know but otherwise nice stuff

10. RowanEx

Oh, there's a folder with Skittles race template innit, now I am just wondering how to properly shade... planning to make it a collab.

11. MrVauxs

Skittles? SKITTLES?????!?!
    skittles.jpg skittles.jpg skittles.jpg

DrPvtSkittles likes this.