1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do if you turned into your current starbound character?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by NoahGoldFox, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Dante1120

Dante1120 Astral Cartographer

Occasus are cultists. that worship basically space Cthulhu. They all deserve to die. And the Protectorate doesn't make prisons, that was the USMC.

kingrec likes this.
  2. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I would probably hide. Wait.

Considering only I change, I would hide. Every scientist on Earth would be after me.

But, considering it's an "I'm now in my character's body and living her life" thing, I would beam up to my ship, then fly to the next planet in the system, ignoring toxic planets, frocean planets and magma planets. I might take Azifata and Souma down there with me, if I felt like defending their rear ends; otherwise, I'd go it alone. If I found Stargazers, I would kill their priests and deface their ceremonial tower for their kind inspiring my parents and cousin to jump. I would sell all the loot I got from the surface once I passed the flag I placed at the start. Then I would buy a round for all my crew members, and we'd have pizza and margarita shooters. Then I'd remember the story I studied in Human History class at the Protectorate about the biggest video game fail in history and laugh for the fact that my life is nowhere near that dull. What was its name...? It started with "No".

What happened... Why do I have human hands? *looks in mirror* I'm a HUMAN?! And a guy? Wait! Where's my crew? Where's my beamer? Where is ANYTHING?! *Starts going crazy*

kingrec and Littleman9Mew2 like this.
  3. Cell Materia

Cell Materia Cosmic Narwhal

I play as an Apex named Harambe so i'd try my damndest not to get shot

kingrec and Axl4325 like this.
  4. Unclever title

Unclever title Cosmic Narwhal

I initially considered this as "You are suddenly your character here, on present day real Earth" to which I'd say:

After the initial freakout in front of the bathroom mirror, I'd experiment with my new toe thumbs and then give myself a full body hair cut, cause lately the weather's been far too hot for all that fur.

However if I were suddnly my character and in the Starbound universe. I'd consult with my crew, see if they're okay with their captain suddenly being a different person. Likely they wouldn't be 100% alright with it and there might be at least one attempt to recover their old captain and send me home (Heh, Quantum Leap meets Star Trek).

In terms of conflicts I'd be largely okay, I could now respawn in the event of death, and my Character had already defeated the Ruin, so the basic massive threats to sentient life are all dealt with basically. Most of my day to day worries are thus covered so I'd probably go around space exploring and adventuring.

At nights thought I'd lie in bed and wonder if there's an Apex perplexed at how he suddenly became a human, and earth wasn't destroyed, and the local technology was centuries out of date.
    Then I'd wonder if he now had control of me the way I once had control of him...

kingrec and Littleman9Mew2 like this.
  5. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

If you turned into your character, that would mean like in real life, right? Well I'm just gonna say we would get a 30 min warning, in which u would delete all my Novakid, glitch, apex, human, and Hylotl characters, leaving my Avian and Floran characters left. Why? Well, Apex no for obvious reasons, Novakid because i would forget everything, Hylotl because they smell, glitch because robot? An,d human because, well, if you're gonna turn into one of your character, you might as well expeirience not being human, right? Also, that probably wouldn't be allowed. If in real life, since I already beat it, I would use my stuff to put the world in a good state again. If people are disturbed by a Avain walking buy and call the police, it probably use a deflector shield to deflect the bullets back at them. Also, I could go criminal, since the matter manpulator is magic, if taken away, it would just return to us. Also if we died, we would respan. If I got put in jail, I'd usevthe matter manipulator to break out. World takeover, I'd be literally unstoppable.

kingrec and Unclever title like this.
  6. boblog3

boblog3 Void-Bound Voyager

I'd look good in a hat for the first time in my life.

kingrec likes this.
  7. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I'll just makes guns and wander around with my Smokey Quartz
    As so if someone ask me a gun, I'll make it

I'd also set a big computer in a special room in my workshop, just for spending time on the Gunternet, and sleeping around in rabbit eared slippers

kingrec likes this.
  8. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

My character in Starbound is... me...

... so I guess I'd wake up, go to my computer, and...

... play some... Starbound!

kingrec, Nefer007 and TTStooge like this.
  9. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

But what if you were your Starbound Character all along?

kingrec likes this.
  10. Darkspinesupersonic8

Darkspinesupersonic8 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well.. Xavier has a rather nice ending to his story.

If I became Xavier I'd simply become another human, another guy, just with altered DNA that makes me technically a dragon and a family of dragons to call my own.

No worries other than losing all my friends :c

11. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

THEN THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET REEEAAAAAL META.

12. Dante1120

But... what if your starbound character is you and you are your starbound character... does nothing happen...?

13. NoahGoldFox

NoahGoldFox Phantasmal Quasar

Anything else? :p

also another avian:
    [​IMG]

Nefer007 and Valshax like this.
  14. Dante1120

Well that's neato burrito.

15. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

... Are you asking me what would happen if... I am me, and the character I'm controlling in the starbound game is also me? Like, if both of them are me? AT THE SAME TIME?

... no, nothing doesn't happen. I still play myself in Starbound I'm just aware of it through two different sets of eyes.

... but to be more correct that simply wouldn't happen. A person can't be two people at once, but if that happened... I would... just be two people at once and one of them would be controlling the other. And since it's me controlling me I wouldn't have a problem with that.

16. Dante1120

But... what if somebody ELSE's starbound character became you and you became them... I'm tryna GO REEAAAAAL METTAAAAAton

17. NoahGoldFox

NoahGoldFox Phantasmal Quasar

Anybody else? >3<
    also another avian:
    [​IMG]

kingrec and Nefer007 like this.
  18. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Id be a human making a shelter for the maggot people while cooking any food he physically can and hoping that the ruin wont hunt me.

19. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

Well, I have a big ship and a crew and the kind of arsenal that can obliterate a planet or two....I think I would enjoy it.

20. Axl4325

Axl4325 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, hunt down treasures, make a good cabin in a oceanic planet to chill out sometimes, travel around the galaxy because thats something that i love to do, and help people in general