1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What type of Saw 4 tier trap is this?!?!!?!?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Mr.PotatoFudge, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Mr.PotatoFudge

Mr.PotatoFudge Phantasmal Quasar

I found a challenge portal and im greeted with this

DO I HAVE TO CHOOSE WHO LIVES AND WHO DIES?!?!?

THIS IS MESSED UP I DONT GET IT

WHAT DO I DO :cry::cry::cry:

20160806031121_1.jpg

Kitler likes this.
  2. BrianUK

BrianUK Void-Bound Voyager

Kill them both, then you never have to deal with the guilt of only choosing one xD

3. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Not making a decision is also a decision. In this specific context, that would mean beaming back home. Turn back.

Aeronaut and Ankali like this.
  4. Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

You know what, I've done this one too. Going back with what I know now, I could have gone into admin mode and turn off the block protection, place blocks over the lava, save them both, and get both treasures. :/

Ankali likes this.
  5. Yusuke Urameshi

You know that's a good idea, save both animals and forfeit the treasure. EXCEPT Mr.PotatoFudge here admitted in another thread that he not only chose the bunny (killing the cat) but he also stated that he killed the bunny too, in cold blood, leaving no witnesses.

6. Odai

Odai Void-Bound Voyager

get a staff with atraction field and bring one of the pets save to the middle part ;D

7. Mr.PotatoFudge

dont you judge me

the bunny judged me and look what happened to him

also im wearing his skull of my head right now which is nice

8. Yusuke Urameshi

Omg you're a genius
    :O NO JUDGING HERE SIR EVERYTHING IS FINE

9. Mr.PotatoFudge

does that really exist?

i saw the mechs in that one mod can do that

10. Yusuke Urameshi

Yes they do I have a few of them. Two handed staves sometimes have the attraction ability. There's also repel, heal hp, heal energy, slow, decrease gravity, and probably some others I forgot.

11. Thee Pie Man

Thee Pie Man Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just curious, do capture balls work on those critters? Would that get you out of this situation and score you an awesome cat and bunny?

12. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

*gasp*

And now we are all genocides!

tbh I havent encountered this one saw thingy, glad too because I would just outright cheat in and save both.

13. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Here we see the true side of the dungeon developers. They managed to hide it for so long but their wickedness came to light.
    Also, I think capture pods would work as they work on normal bunnies and cats too?

14. Yusuke Urameshi

Hmm. I bet if you caught one of them, the platform the capture pod was sitting on would still drop into the lava the moment you stepped onto the opposing platform. Do items burn in this game like minecraft? I've never thrown anything into lava before. If they didn't, you'd still have to swim to the bottom of the lava to get to the dropped capture pod.

15. Noir Korrane

Noir Korrane Pangalactic Porcupine

You can do that in admin mode? What is the command to do so?

Theres been at least 2 occasions i have wanted to do this.

16. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I haven't seen this one but I presume the platforms dissapear when you open the door. with the dash tech you can probably rush in before the platform dissapears.

You can use "/debug" to find the ID of the dungeon in and subsequently use "/settileprotection <dungeon ID> [true/false]"

Edit: Perfect way to protect your custom spaceship or something from lolgriefs.

Noir Korrane likes this.
  17. Yusuke Urameshi

The door could have been motion sensored..or maybe I opened it. I don't remember. That's really what it depends on..hmm. I don't see any kind of motion sensor in the picture though, so it could work.

18. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Actually, there's a sort of invisible proximity detector. It's an invisible 1 high 2 wide wired decoration that triggers when a living entity is in front of it. It shows up as an output when you select your wire tool.
    [​IMG]

You can't get them in a legit way as far as I know.
    In inventory:

[​IMG]

Kajima and Yusuke Urameshi like this.
  19. Yusuke Urameshi

OOOooooh~~! Very interesting! Thank you for the info!

20. Thee Pie Man

Thee Pie Man Subatomic Cosmonaut

They don't burn in lava. At the very least it would still be alive, granted it wouldn't be able to come out :p Attraction staff it is for the complete save I suppose.