1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do if you get stuck on a planet?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FDru, Dec 10, 2013.

1. FDru

FDru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Through legitimate means, it seems like it's actually possible to be permanently stuck at a planet. If you somehow use up your supply of coal and wood, what are you supposed to do aside from cheat and reroll your universe?

2. TheSpoon

TheSpoon Big Damn Hero

Get a friend to give you fuel :)

blueokapi12 likes this.
  3. Wrath42k

Wrath42k Void-Bound Voyager

Allthough possible it seems HIGHLY unlikely since you can mine for more coal on basically every planet. And if you use that up too then you might have more issues than just being out of fuel

4. GSGregory

GSGregory Ketchup Robot

All planets in my experience have coal and with the size of the planets I highly doubt you are going to stripmine even a small planet without 10-15 people at least.

5. DownwardDescent

DownwardDescent Space Hobo

Mmmm. While I don't see that actually happening, should that be a concern, you could always hoard some coal and wood in your ship in case that would occur, that way if you do manage to strip a planet you have something to fall back on.

6. Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

I'm pretty sure in the months it would take you to legit mine out every coal deposit, chop down every tree, I'm certain you would use some foresight to ferret away some fuel for a rainy day.

And if you don't, you're going to have to remake the character.

7. AllenKS

AllenKS Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

There's zero way you can actually get stuck on a planet by accident.

Every planet has trees, and every planet has large amounts of coal.

Then, it takes literally 1 fuel to travel to a planet orbiting the same sun as the one you're in, which will also have trees and coal. If you don't have enough wood/coal left on the planet for 1 fuel, to get out of the planet you're on, then you did it on purpose.

8. GSGregory

GSGregory Ketchup Robot

Not every planet has trees.

9. Marshall.Duke

Marshall.Duke Scruffy Nerf-Herder

not every planet has trees, but they all have coal yes.

10. Marshall.Duke

Marshall.Duke Scruffy Nerf-Herder

CURSES! I wanted to be the clever one!

blueokapi12 likes this.
  11. Ohsillyus

Ohsillyus Sandwich Man

But the question is what-if? or have you won at losing the game by doing this?

12. AllenKS

You've been to a planet with no trees?

Every single planet I've been on have had trees, even lava planets...

PSS likes this.
  13. Twilightdusk

Twilightdusk Aquatic Astronaut

Given that all of your characters share the same world, you could roll up a new character, load him up with coal/wood, travel to the planet where your other character is stuck, drop the fuel in a chest on the planet, and then have your stuck character grab the resources from the chest.

As to the trees issue, every planet has trees, but not every planet has trees which will give you wood.

Plystire likes this.
  14. SloppyMayor

SloppyMayor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Make a house, Get food, settle down, Make a family.

And then get them all killed in a wipe.

15. Cosmin Negoita

Cosmin Negoita Phantasmal Quasar

First of all, trees regrow on a planet. If a planet doesn't have trees, there are tons of coal. If however you still get stuck, be happy :) You set your homeworld without pressing the "Set Home" button.

GSGregory likes this.
  16. Cosmin Negoita

Cosmin Negoita Phantasmal Quasar

All the moons I've been on lack trees. So shit just got serious.

Twilightdusk likes this.
  17. GSGregory

GSGregory Ketchup Robot

Been on multiple ones. A few lava and desert ones mainly where I circled and never found a tree. Had crystal trees and other "trees" that don't drop wood and no wood trees.

18. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

*moon orbiting the same planet (or the planet itself, vice versa, etc). Planets in-system are cheaper than out of system, though.

19. AllenKS

Moons have no atmosphere... Why would they have trees?

Also, moons are not planets bro...

20. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Existential Complex

thats not how the worlds work