1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What race will you choose for your first run on Starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Trixmay889, Aug 25, 2013.

?

What race will you choose?

1. Apex?

5.1%
  2. Avian?

15.3%
  3. Human?

20.5%
  4. Hylotl?

15.9%
  5. Glitch?

13.1%
  6. Floran?

15.9%
  7. Novakid?

14.2%
  1. UNN_Rickenbacker

UNN_Rickenbacker Poptop Tamer

Human first, so I can put myself in the game :)
    Glitch second so I can play space knights :fusrodah:
    Novakids looking like a good third, cowboys in spaaaace!:D

2. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

3. Albin Xavier

Albin Xavier Phantasmal Quasar

A glitch would be my first choice, a human my second.

4. kingcobra330

kingcobra330 Void-Bound Voyager

5. DarrkkFreya

DarrkkFreya Void-Bound Voyager

Welp, I answered Novakid... Because I really really do like them <3
    But, in reality, I would probably "settle" for another race, play for a few hours, get discontent, and begin to wait and check obsessively for someone, be it Chucklefish or modders, to introduce some Novakid-themed furniture and other content...
    Sad, but true :3 I can get really, really obsessive over... various stuff. And Novakid content was the thing I wanted the most from 1.0 ;(

6. mrwaka27

mrwaka27 Void-Bound Voyager

My first was Glitch

7. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Human.

I dislike playing as different races if Human is an option. Call me boring, but I just don't.

8. Kilowolf

Kilowolf Big Damn Hero

Wow, it's all even other then Novakid and Apex

9. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

I'll be doing Novakid, because living in Texas your whole life does that to you apparently.

deadfong likes this.
  10. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Are we doing this? Are we resurrecting a nearly 2-year-dead thread? *Sigh*
    Well, I'm not sure what I'll go with when 1.0 hits (I assume this thread is now referring to 1.0 since the older posts were probably talking about the Early Access release)
    Maybe Floran. I haven't done a Floran playthrough yet...

11. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

the zombie walks omg where did yall dig this thread from

I've always done my first playthroughs for major updates with Humans, Apex or Florans. I think I switch to either Glitch or Novakid this time.

12. Starsweeper

Starsweeper Void-Bound Voyager

I am currently playing a floran (because my laptop died and I now have to use the toaster) but for 1.0 I will most probably play a human! ...and a Novakid. Also a floran and a hylotl too....an avian? Glitch me was always fun...oh space bunnies. I'll just play 'em all!

13. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Floran, then Glitch, then Avali if the mod is updated for 1.0. Probably have 1 of each of the others just to get unique stuff easier.

14. Ralek

Ralek Title Not Found

I have to say Hylotl first pick...because ninja/samurai, and then an apex with the wild animal hair and a nice sniper rifle. After that I'd probably roll a human to play for immersion/roleplay (I like to make Malcolm Reynolds kinda character).

15. Slippery Slime

Slippery Slime Big Damn Hero

Well I've played through about 3 times, 2 with Floran and 1 with Novakid. For 1.0 it was a tie for me between the Avian and the Hylotl, and I like the layout of the ship for Hylotl better, so I think I'm going to go with that. Not to mention they are fish, so that's cool.

16. Sageheart

Sageheart Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, I can say that I will be playing the same race as I did in 2013(Has it really been that long? jeez)... A Human. Always will play a Human. Call me boring if you wish.

17. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Human for my first run as I feel they are as "canon" as it can be. Afterwards it depends on what I want to do at the time and how my mindset is currently at that moment. I might write a full guide on 1.0 with the Glitch being used for example just so I can write the guide as logical as possible while still be in character. A Glitch (And Others) Survival Guide. I always wanted to do a Hylotl pacifist run but I will need to see how possible it is first and check for any tricks. Hylotl hold a special place in my heart as it is the first character I completed the game with but I don't want to ruin a good roleplaying chance if it just going to end in failure anyway. So TL;DR I want it to be Hylotl but going in as Human to test the waters so to speak first.

18. deadfong

deadfong Void-Bound Voyager

Probably Floran, since that's what I play most often, but maybe human since they have the best ship's pet :)

19. Starsweeper

Starsweeper Void-Bound Voyager

Liess. Floran ssnake eat sstupid cat. Sstab it dead! :nuruevil::nurunega:

Arti78 likes this.
  20. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

Boring :p

Sageheart likes this.