1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What mods do you think will, like, 100% sure it will come for Starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ReikDrako, Aug 4, 2013.

1. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

There is a game mode suggestion for it, but the OP also noted you can replace the zombies with anything cause they are so overused. Also you know you just insured someone will be a smartass and mod in Zombies and a WWII shooter mode now.

SirKaldar and DJOkamical like this.
  2. Survival mode plus? Would it be like... super hardcore survival?

DJOkamical likes this.
  3. Pokemon Mod.
    Because someone out there will be that dedicated to making tons of them for the game. :p

xXFPXx and DJOkamical like this.
  4. N0bbody

N0bbody Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope for some kind of horror mod or something like Dead Space, Darker Dungeons or something like that.

SirKaldar and DJOkamical like this.
  5. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Just thought of one that will definitely be in the game, "Let's Player" mods. We will see mods to add the LPers and their crazy injokes. If the yogscast ends up doing a series we will see jaffa planets and dwarf stars will be replaced with Honeydew's face from their MC series in no time.

DJOkamical likes this.
  6. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

Agreeing with the other guys here. An MLP mod is probably the most likely mod to be created, and it had damn better be.​

DJOkamical and Dis like this.
  7. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

Complete New planets mods! for example "Food-Topia" a wonderland planet filled with forests of Bacon-trees and soda-pop oceans! mintgrass and cotton candy-cotton plants! beefcorn and oh so tender Dumpling-mushrooms that are filled with a variety of fillings, coral reefs made of gumdrops and ores made of rock-candy! oh so wonderful palmana trees with cocomelons!

8. warcore

warcore Existential Complex

wasn't that a texture pack if im not mistaken?

DJOkamical likes this.
  9. jezuitx

jezuitx Pangalactic Porcupine

Mollygos NPC companion mod. She throws cakes at your enemies and says random things Mollygos has tweeted.

10. DJOkamical

DJOkamical Space Kumquat

God Mode armor mods.
    Every mod-able game has it.

(Even games without armor :D)

Gouki likes this.
  11. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

Oh yeah. Basically, you play as a Stuck-up Princess. In order to survive, your living conditions will have to be ideal. Temps hotter than 70 degrees and colder than 60 degrees cause you to nag and cry and whine until you get between 60 and 70 again, while trickling your HP down. Also, your food has to be prepared by your personal chef before you can eat it, and even then, you have a 50% chance to hate the meal, just because you're having a bad day. If you hate a meal, you only receive 25% of the nutritional benefit. Every 4 minutes, even in combat, you most sit down to rest, and brush your hair. You lose accuracy while your hair is messy.

It's pretty brutal.

12. LordHavoc

LordHavoc Phantasmal Quasar

I picked a character with close match to what I wanted, and then edited the rest in GIMP

13. Zidonuke

Zidonuke Pangalactic Porcupine

A multiplayer hack client. Primary idea is to create a client side proxy for packet manipulation, and then work on in memory hacks. After exploiting all that I can, write a server side proxy to defeat the client, same setup as ZidoMod + TShock I did with Terraria. Oh the hack client isn't going to be public for obvious reasons.

RedScarWolf and linkthegamer like this.
  14. Wall of Steel

Wall of Steel Big Damn Hero

15. Pigeon

Pigeon Cosmic Narwhal

Is this singularity naked too?

SirKaldar likes this.
  16. Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

No, there is no escape velocity from the Zombie Singularity.

SirKaldar likes this.
  17. xXFPXx

xXFPXx Subatomic Cosmonaut

A mod that add multiple famous sci-fi characters like Isaac Clarke, Samus Aran, Aliens and Predators ,Master Chief etc... :D

SirKaldar and Shalderave like this.
  18. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

I think... Nah I'm actually almost never 100% sure about something.

But either way, here we go:

A hobo mod, of course... A mod where you are a space hobo all the time and you have to work your way up the tiers, only to realize that you are still a space hobo. And when your hobo character realizes this, he turns towards the screen and he says the following: "We're not here because we're free. We're here because we're not free. There is no escaping reason; no denying purpose. Because as we both know, without purpose, we would not exist."

You get a quest at this point, it will say something like "Neow, I am coming to get you."

19. kesvalk

kesvalk Cosmic Narwhal

elevators, because i am sure the devs will not put a functional elevator on the vanilla game.

20. Legro X. Brox 360th

Legro X. Brox 360th Starship Captain

there will be ALOT of racial mods, for sure. BUT I only use mods in a game if I feel the gameplay is stagnating, which from the looks of things, will NEVER happen to starbound.