1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite race and why?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Combozone, Jan 22, 2016.

1. jakecool19

jakecool19 Pangalactic Porcupine

Its currently on the wiki for the nightly build. It looks pretty cool and is probably another reason why I like Floran.

[​IMG]

2. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

Well it says, there bones are infused with lignin to give a "woody" appearance.
    Not the bones actually being wood.
    Or am I missing something? AGAIN.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  3. ShizeMation

ShizeMation Void-Bound Voyager

as you can tell i am tree. plants are cool

jakecool19 likes this.
  4. Sairyu

Sairyu Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm afraid Floran is not 100% a plant anymore to be a Plant you have to make your own food like photosynthese, and root them self in soil
    and we all know floran does not lifes on photosynthese alone they need nutrients to survive, like meat
    so yes floran may was plant long long time ago but now Florans are more than Plant, they are now Planimal

Florans need get smarter move freely, they need learn, hunt and trap there pray in order to survive, Plants and Trees dont do that

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Master Automan IV likes this.
  5. Femmex

Femmex Industrial Terraformer

Of the playable races my favorite race number 1 are Apex. I know, im very lonely with that opinion ^^

Why Apex?
    Well... First: its damn Spacemonkeys including the banana cliche xD
    Second: I like the idea of a distopia setting alá 1984 merged with "planet of apes" ---> its just cracy and dark

My second favorite races are Avian, Hylotl and Novakids just with the same reason: All have a cool culture and cool background.
    Avians have, in my opionion, the coolest buildings (and the coolest ship), but the "new" Hyotl asian themed buildings comes short after that and Novakids are "Mini-Suns" with trenchcoat and guns <--- how brilliang is that, please? xD

After this comes Floran, then glitch and at last the... i forgot the name... i think humans :p

Florans are cool (and have the best lines ingame), but for my opinion they are a little to one-sided. Yes you are hunters, yes you eat meat... and you are a little childish
    Glitch are a nice idea. But of all themes Medival is that theme that (in my opionion again) makes not a good merge with a Space-setting.

Humans are just boring. I am one, if i have the choice to play something else, then sure, i play something else.

Thats my two cents to this topic ^^

6. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

None. I hate everyone equally.

7. Mr.PotatoFudge

Mr.PotatoFudge Phantasmal Quasar

Stop being so edgy

your scaring the children

also fav race is hylotl
    cus dey look neat

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  8. The Slime God

The Slime God Void-Bound Voyager

I love the glitch because of the awesome looking characters you can make, and the way the glowing eyes look with the bandit hood. also there theme is cool and so is there ship. plus they seem to be friends with the florans, who are also cool. and the idea of having extra brains in there armor is cool.

9. Master Automan IV

Ow the edge.

10. FaerieHawk

FaerieHawk Subatomic Cosmonaut

My favorite race is the florans. Mainly because I love plants and junk like that. I also love the theme of their furniture and stuff.

And stabsssss.

After the Florans I like all the other races equally (though I have a slight preference for Avian and Novakid). The only race I have any dislike for are the Hylotl. I love their designs. I love their furniture themes. I love water-based races. I just can't stand their arrogance.

11. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

I'm afraid I don't understand what this term means in this context...
    But I am simply stating the truth. I believe all races suck equally. I hate them all for they are in the way of my universal domination, and genocide is just such a messy business. Plus, it's my stock response for the hundreds of these threads that get created.

Speaking of which. Why are these threads suddenly no longer locked? They used to be locked.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  12. Master Automan IV

I do agree that all of the races are too hostile to each other Unrealistically.
    Still like most of the races though, but I agree with what your saying.
    I would also agree that there is WAY too many race threads.
    But what are you going to do?
    Go on strike?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  13. WolfWave

WolfWave Big Damn Hero

i like penguins because they're adorable murderers.

14. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

I'm stuck between the Floran and the Glitch, because I find their designs and cool and like the concepts behind them.

15. Cazador6000

Cazador6000 Void-Bound Voyager

My favorite race is the glitch becuase their medieval theme and their ship are cool. I also really like the armor set for them.

16. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Surprisingly, human. It's weird cause I tend to gravitate toward elves or lizardmen, might have even chosen the glitch had I not seen the Earth cutscene from Tiy.

17. Mr.PotatoFudge

Mr.PotatoFudge Phantasmal Quasar

Heres what i dont get

the glitch your are playing apparently gained sentience or whatever and realises it can do future stuff

if thats so why does he still mess around with medieval looking things

he should be going all futuristically out with science and robot love

18. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

They can if you purchase other races' armor, it seems they're just sticking to what they know.

Tamorr likes this.
  19. Maze34

Maze34 Space Spelunker

Since nobody said Avian I guess I'll say my favorite race is Avian
    But I'm not sure

20. Master Automan IV

The Avians are also my favorite.:DD
    The runner ups would be humans, florans, hylotls, and avail(because why not).
    The reason why I didn't say anything earlier, was because I was spreading the memes.
    And then I forgot to say it.;)

AM SORRE!