1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to nightly builds?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Di1997, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Di1997

Di1997 Big Damn Hero

What happened to nightly builds? I was enjoying playing nightly builds, exploring unfinished stuff/features and getting spoilers for what will come into new build. Last news (http://playstarbound.com/spaceoff/) made me interested in getting nightly and testing this feature. However, I could no longer choose nightly as a beta for unstable starbound. Reading wiki a bit, I found out that they were removed shortly after 1.0 update. But why they were removed?

2. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

Beacuse dev's thought that since the starbound is an actual game now, you don't want spoil the updates besides update logs

3. Devilducky13

Devilducky13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, today on steam, it shows the 'unstabeled branch' has an update... so as for if their still using it or not I don't know.

4. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

They are not, its an unstable patch which means
    An update without bug fixes - Branch
    Stable on the other end is just gonna be updated later when the bug fixes are done

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

It was a VC++ update. Steam will automatically download them periodically for all the games you have installed.

Unstable and Stable are exactly the same right now.