Modding Discussion What five mods do you think ability have to be made part if the game.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Azraile, May 22, 2015.

1. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

For me:

Any mod that adds iron and other lower tier ores to higher tier planets. (With out decreasing the ore density of those higher tier ores).

The actual old asteroid mod with ores and wrecked space ship dibree instead of the plane empty asteroids there are now.

The various novakin fixes/improvements.

The mod that makes the bounce bubble into a fall protection system, removing manual activation and instead activating it whenever you fall enough to take damage.

And this isn't a mod but, I think they should make the research station part of the ship and have it nice and set up for tabs on the right so modded a can use it like the tebula rasa (sp?) mod that was so awesome back then

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Few things should be made official parts of the game. 99.9% of the mods out there, I would never want. They are best left as mods to keep the game clean and allow people to augment their experience as they see fit.

Boshed and Kayuko like this.
  3. Artay001

Artay001 Pangalactic Porcupine

1: The Game Hunter - I like this mod. One shot with the game rifle and whatever I kill becomes a place-able statue. I've got a small collection of mini-bosses and plans to create a sort of natural history museum filled with various creatures I've slain.

2: Better Avians - They feel more like bird people with this mod installed.

3: Anything that adds to the number of explorable biomes. VARIETY!

Don't really have a fourth or fifth. There are mods that I like, but are not necessarily suited to vanilla gameplay. For example, I love the phase-shift mod as it makes exploration easier and doesn't require me to shred a planet to explore it, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a little OP. It negates the morphball tech, even in the boss maps, because once phased you fit through the tunnels. Escaping a fight that's turned bad on you is easy: activate the tech, pass through objects that the beasts chasing you cannot. Even if you do run out of energy and pop back into phase inside of solid blocks, once you have the O2 nanosuit that's not an issue. Plus, you can always just mine yourself out.

4. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

You
    know there is two mods I can think of that absolutely should be part of the game, one makes lighting and shadow affects way better with torches and lanterns and other flame based light sorces not giving steady light, and the other stops light from shinning through blocks unless there glass or ice and the like.

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Why did you quote me?

6. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

Why did you quote me not quoting you? Lol

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  7. Artay001

Artay001 Pangalactic Porcupine

Also, Bees! It doesn't take anything away from the vanilla game and adds something extra for farmers/builders/collectors to do.

8. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

NNOOOOOO NOT BEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZ *runs*

9. user2345562

user2345562 Guest

1) grunt be gone
    2) Grunt be gone
    3) Grunt Be gone
    4) Grunt Be Gone
    5) GRUNT BE GONE

I really hate those grunts.

10. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Bees! is too nonsensical, non-Starbound-y and based off a Minecraft mod. I'd say noooooooooo, unless it goes through major cuts in content.

11. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

Bees are sensiable but having bee keeping is a little odd, thats like breeding aliens so you can raise farm stock for alien milk.

12. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

The serious mod pack feels like a starbound expansion... And has the variety that starbound should have(planets, flora, chemistry, physics, electricity, farming, crafting). At bare minimum - the frakin universe mod for the actual planet variety is needed.

13. VarekRaith

VarekRaith Phantasmal Quasar

Pretty much.