1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you want for the next gameplay video?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Lasercat77, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Con7Rad7

Con7Rad7 Giant Laser Beams

I want a video of them just fighting multiple enemies while using several different weapons

2. DeVoid

DeVoid Void-Bound Voyager

You know, anything would really be nice at this point.

3. OwnUbyCake

OwnUbyCake Subatomic Cosmonaut

How far they've progressed in developing the game. I know its not close to a release but I wanna be able to gauge something about the state of the game more accurately than I can so far.

4. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

Well, I want them to showcase/tell us a bit about procedural generation in weapons.

Are the weapons generated when the chest/item capsule is generated? If you save and open a chest, then reload and open the chest, is it the same item?

Or are the items generated on the fly, when you open the chest?

If so, I'd like them to either generate 5 random pistol-class weapons so we can see the bonuses/detriments it could be spawned with. Or if they opened the same chest 10 times so we could see the types of things that come out of them.

Give geeks like me something to be super excited about.~

Kyden23 and Loz like this.
  5. EaglePryde

EaglePryde Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd like to see gameplay mechanics like spacetravel maybe and what and how you build stuff. A bit of overall overview to see what path the game is taking and to be able to make better suggestions based on such info.

6. DoomFire

DoomFire Existential Complex

I would like a quick peek at the aesthetics of different planets and the home base/space ship.

I know it could also easily be shown in pictures but it would be cool to see how the environment reacts to the player or monsters in it.

So the player crumpling grass as he passes it or a large monster knocking branches off trees, stuff like that, general environmental interaction.

7. Psion

Psion Zero Gravity Genie

Personally, I would like to see the next video elaborate on mining and building mechanics, maybe show a few different environments as well.

8. Aramadon

Aramadon Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would like to see anything that is completed or near completed in the stage of development that would include planetary variety, combat, and friendly/enemy npc ai.

9. LongChan

LongChan Cosmic Narwhal

I would like to see a ninja raccoon with a dual light lance :D. Also, a pirate with a laser leg would rock too.

10. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

With all spoils kept to a bare minimum, (Naturally I do not ask for much since life really needs more "pizazz" and painful waiting ;)) I would really love to see much of the physics engine and how it works. I needn't see more lighting videos since we all got a basic foundation on how that will be working. I know Ocpii (from YouTube) is really getting into much of the review and possible antics of the game with his numerous uploads/updates with the game itself. (I do enjoy commentary on art and such stuff on particularly any game I want. :D ) However he did discuss a bit into with the foundations of certain buildings in one of his videos.
    But back on the subject, I would like to see specifically the fluid physics. In Terraria, The game posed somewhat of a simple engine on fluids. It reacted accurately to gravity, space, light differences (except refraction), and amount yet it did not react to pressure or density. Same went with lava except it had more viscosity. Minecraft has a poor liquid engine and only listens to gravity and was practically infinite as running streams kept flowing as long there was a valid source. Fluids behaving correctly as if it were in the real world be an extremely interesting thing to work and experiment with.
    However, including the fluid physics I would like to see experimentation with the fluids. Not just magma or water, but maybe more interesting fluids such as toxic waste, swamp water, quicksand, mud, and the such.
    With all that aside I hope to see more content and updates on Starbound! Ciao!

11. Loz

Loz Void-Bound Voyager

I would like to see a release date;)

12. I'd want to see more mechas, mainly just to get my interpretations of them so I can draw them :0

Loz likes this.
  13. GlobularDuke

GlobularDuke Phantasmal Quasar

Some futeristic weapon

14. Tommy

Tommy Void-Bound Voyager

i want to se energy shields :O now wouldnt that be awesome?

SaneOsiris likes this.
  15. sasquatchjc

sasquatchjc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Either some of the various game mechanics, some ranged and melee combat, or the weapon/tree/planet generation

16. Zentennen

Zentennen Void-Bound Voyager

Customization, that's pretty much what I'm interested in.

17. Zaba35

Zaba35 Phantasmal Quasar

a tiny bit of walking on the surface of the ice planet :p

18. WyattDerp

WyattDerp Space Spelunker

Character creation, combat, how to get from planet to planet, taming monsters, different types of enemies, quests, mining.
    Not all in one video. The stuff on the left I would like to see first.

EDIT: and music especially :love:

19. Clad in Plaid

Clad in Plaid Cosmic Narwhal

Biome demonstration and vehicle demonstrations.

20. Formed_Zeus

Formed_Zeus Void-Bound Voyager

I want to see some of the combat. But more than anything, I want to see some building/mining. Particularly some of the tech in the game to help you defend your base. Assuming the game will be heavily sci-fi, I want forcefields and solar panels and ect. Of course, some steampunk aspects would be amazing aswell :laugh:

Kyden23 and SaneOsiris like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.