1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think the next race will be?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tomato Master, Jul 16, 2014.

1. beari78

beari78 Guest

It could work. Different culture + rocks on skin = semi-convergent evolution.

I like those too.

2. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Yeah was just messing with the fact the starbound novakids are a mix of them and the original idea for novakids. But yeah, that could work.

3. Ice_kitten

Ice_kitten Astral Cartographer

"Coming this Christmas: Santa's going to need a lot of coal!"

4. Tomato Master

Tomato Master Noob Simulator 2014

Well all that coal is obviously to power his space ship right... OH you mean for the kids... Yeah I knew that from the start...

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  5. Kriminal

Kriminal Big Damn Hero

If there's anything to it, I'm hoping for a very very very old insectoid race that built the gates. They could be like the caretakers of the universe, or for a more sinister approach be the secret overlords of the universe. Maybe the destruction of Earth was their doing. I also sort of hope they are not playable, so that visual and story possibilities have much more freedom.

If it is another playable race I still hope for insects, reptiles would be ok too.

6. Ice_kitten

Ah yes, I think the idea of adding a non-playable race behind the destruction is a great idea. I'm not sure how it would be implemented, since it would be a bit hard to distinguish them from the hostile humans other than a change in appearance. But maybe if they made them far more technologically advanced (Turrets on their bases, stronger robots than the ones currently in the game, that sort of thing) they could be a huge thing and a good/terrifying find on a planet. I think having them gather ores and materials might be hard to program and especially hard to balance, (Maybe they could have the next tier of armor higher than the one you'd normally wear when first reaching a new sector) would be good enough. As for what they could look like, I don't personally know what would work since the current playable races (And the Novakids) cover a lot of bases, but bugs/lizards sounds like the best choice.

7. Lord Scrappington

Lord Scrappington Subatomic Cosmonaut

remembr someone made the glitch? yeh, you have that
    im pretty much sure
    they're out there somewhere

8. Tomato Master

That's what a lot of people think, that the race will be the creators of the Glitch. Of course it would be odd to just now add them, because no one exactly knows who made the Glitch. And this race is more so a lore race.

9. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As much as I want some sort of insectoid (Preferrably a spider-like being somehow :p) the next best wish is a reptilian. Shame they wont change the body types so that we could have more varied things like the fluffy space raptors.

10. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

did i mention we need fluffy aliens?

Walteri likes this.
  11. Walteri

Walteri Orbital Explorer

Yes. Several times I think.

12. Bonabopn

oh. well, we do!

13. Tomato Master

What about this hmm?
    imagesCAXXQXBM.jpg

Bonabopn likes this.
  14. Bonabopn

15. Grimmli

Grimmli Big Damn Hero

I like a steampunk arthropods race, as well as a 60's western culture-oriented lizard race.

16. Tomato Master

Well we already have a western themed race: the Novakids. I would like a steampunk race though.

17. Bonabopn

That wasn't anything to do with what i said. Did you quote the wrong post? s:

18. FLOknows

FLOknows Subatomic Cosmonaut

What is 60's western culture? Hippies and stuff? Western as in "not asian", or western as in cowboys and indians? If you're talking the latter than I think you mean the 1860s...

19. Ice_kitten

I think they were referencing the 1960's when "Western" films were all the rage. Fistful of Dollars and the like.

Edit: *Crawls back into movie buff cave*

Serenity likes this.
  20. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

lol 1860 and 1960 count I guess funny how a hundred years later it became popular