1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you like most about Starbound? And why?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Яetrospekt, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emberleaf

Emberleaf Subatomic Cosmonaut

The nice developers who listen to us, the penguins, the space-exploration concept, penguins, the red rule raccoon, the random world exploration and generation, the new lighting system, and penguins.

Yeah, I like penguins. Can you tell?

2. Ishiga-san

Ishiga-san Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm most excited about the procedurally generated loot. I'm a big fan of diablo, borderlands, any game where the monsters explode into a shower of gold and magic weapons upon death. Total loot whore here and proud of it. |3

3. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

The wild galaxy exploration, weird looking npcs/animals, and soundtrack so far, reminds me of Mischief Makers, an old N64 game :laugh: (dunno exactly why...)
    So much nostalgia!

4. LemonRobot

LemonRobot Phantasmal Quasar

Space travel.

Hell yeah.

5. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

I'd answer, but there's probably something about the game that I'll like more once I've actually played it than what I currently like most about it now since the game hasn't actually come out yet.

6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I like the infinite exploring! c:

7. Tur1sta

Tur1sta Aquatic Astronaut

As am I friend. I like that it is set in the future. I've yet to stumble on a futuristic exploration platformer. Oh and robots too

8. Wazupmaster

Wazupmaster Phantasmal Quasar

Randomly generated everything. Never finding the same thing twice.

9. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

The endless exploration aspects of it. I can see myself completely charting out worlds and such. Just exploring the whole surface of a planet. It's a strange, zen-like thing.

10. Zeska

Zeska Void-Bound Voyager

I really like the aspect of exploring, research and cataloging, just feels like a scientist :)

11. kesvalk

kesvalk Cosmic Narwhal

as with terraria and minecraft, i like the spelunking possibilities

spelunking in alien worlds? the fun has been doubled!

12. FireDrake204

FireDrake204 Pangalactic Porcupine

Terra-forming/controlling the weather is on my #1 spot as of right now. Make it snow all day on the planet :cool:

13. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

Spaaaaaaaace! and exploration all together in one awesome blast from the past fan game that triumphs Terraria ya I said it.

14. CodeWalker

CodeWalker Tentacle Wrangler

I actually really like the "Pastel" art style, it looks very clean and sophisticated, while keeping detail.

15. Mrhighseas

Mrhighseas Star Wrangler

I really like the fact that it is like Spore meets Terraria, two of my favourite games. I love that you can explore infinitely, you can build, you can go do quests, you can build a civilization, or combat enemies. So I guess I just love the infinite possibilities. There are even more than a game like Minecraft.

16. Vivid

Vivid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the fact that you can catch creatures and have them fight for you sounds amazinggo_O like pokemon

17. Writing Monkey

Writing Monkey Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I refuse to choose. Would you make me pick a favorite child, you monster? Okay, okay, it's Timmy, but don't telly Shawna.

But seriously...it IS hard to choose just one thing. Procedural generation is probably my actual answer, but just so I can be the first to say it, I'll say "upgreadable space station."

18. Remnant Drive

Remnant Drive Pangalactic Porcupine

The community. Seriously, this is the most mature group of people I have ever seen pre-release. I sure hope you all aren't drowned out by the kids and trolls (see: kids) that appear after release.

19. Darain Armond

Darain Armond Void-Bound Voyager

What I like about Starbound? There's no single answer, I love how planets are uniquely made to suite difficultly, gravity, etc. I also love how the developers take such huge steps to make Starbound standout, and be available to everyone. And something tells me they will have self perseverance to add content well past the initial release date. Even when they leave this project, I bet thousands will still be stalking penguins and molesting the space hobos xD

20. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I have a new favourite! :D

Darain Armond likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.