Modding Help What do the different tiles on the 'path' layer of TiDE map editing do?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by VanillaVanity, Aug 3, 2017.

1. VanillaVanity

VanillaVanity Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I'm definitely new to modding & I'm trying my hand at some minor changes to some maps for now & I've hit a snag. There are a few tiles in the path layer that I have absolutely no clue about.

I'm sure the arrows are for NPC pathing, and the trees and debris must for spawning. The bottom left 6 are what I'm confused about. Could anyone tell me what they are for?

paths.png

*I'm really sorry if this had been explained before, but I looked through a lot of the guides but couldn't find anything*

HopeWasHere likes this.
    • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@VanillaVanity I'll explain from left to right top, then same for bottom.
      1. This icon spawns boulders where you place them. The ones that require a Steel Pickaxe or higher to break.
      2. This spawns stumps that yield hardwood, like the ones in the Secret Woods. They need a Copper Axe or higher to break.
      3. This spawns grass!
      4. This spawns a large berry bush. They'll yield berries when the seasons produce them on bushes that you can harvest around town. They take up 3 spaces total and stretch to the left of where you place the spawn, so place them carefully.
        (For example, if X is the spawn icon you place and O is the tiles that it takes up, it will look like OOX.)
      5. This spawns a small berry bush. They take up 2 spaces total and will also extend to the left of where you place the spawn.
      6. This spawns a small regular bush. You've probably seen them around town. They are the ones that stick straight up similar to a tree. They take 1 space.

HopeWasHere likes this.
      • VanillaVanity

VanillaVanity Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you! It makes sense now that I know what I'm looking at.