What areas would you like to see in Stardew, and what would be in them?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hollow, Feb 19, 2013.

1. cog_nish_in

cog_nish_in Poptop Tamer

Islands but with requirements to pass in order to visit or build and use them; e.g. woodsman's cabin for hunting. So you would need to construct either a boat or a bridge (or an airship!) to reach the island, which would require the help of the blacksmith or carpenter. A mini-quest perhaps? Collecting materials and fabricating parts, possibly searching the islands for a medicinal plant to help the Stardewians?

This idea is based off harvest moon island of happiness, where as you improve the island, more inhabitants will appear and more areas become open for development (non-industrial of course :D ).

• adamjsams

adamjsams Aquatic Astronaut

Alien abduction too collect stuff from the moon.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Or a bit like Sunshine Islands. I like it.

• GamerGod

GamerGod Phantasmal Quasar

Sunshine Islands?

• cog_nish_in

cog_nish_in Poptop Tamer

Harvest Moon DS game...that I haven't played...yet

• GamerGod

GamerGod Phantasmal Quasar

Oh I gotta check to see if I have it.

• pinkcatmint

pinkcatmint Subatomic Cosmonaut

Different areas would be a great way to add expansion packs/mods to the game. If someone wanted a zombie apocalypse area, it could be added as a new area to the main game. Or you could add a Lost World type area with dinosaurs, etc... Personally, I would rather stick to more realistic environments like the ones below.

A tropical jungle with rare plants like Bird of Paradise would be great. There could be a lot of medicinal plants in the tropical area too. You could tame wild toucans or monkeys and take them home as pets. You could build an awesome Tarzan-style treehouse high up in the trees.

A snowy mountain area would be interesting. There could be flowers and herbs that grow up through the snow, dangerous bears, snow leopards, and Yetis, and maybe a ski resort. Snowball fights could be fun in multiplayer. Maybe kayaking if there are oceans or rivers nearby.

A snowy plains area could be next to the snowy mountain area. You could get around faster by dogsled. Tamable pets in the snowy areas could include snowy owls, snowshoe hares, ermine, otters, ravens, or maybe even eagles.

A beach area is pretty much a must. Palm trees, coconuts, bananas, maybe you could build your own little grass and bamboo hut like in the Tropicraft mod for Minecraft. You could windsurf, go out in sailboats, go scuba diving, swim with dolphins, collect exotic fish. The ability to keep an aquarium in your home and stock it with any type of fish would be amazing! Spending a lot of time buying cool accessories for your fishtank and breeding fish could be a great diversion for people who get bored with farming after a while. Finding pearls in oysters would be really cool. Fishing for rare tropical fish would be a great bonus to the game. I actually started designing a Harvest Moon game a few years ago and it was island based. It had all the stuff I've listed, plus a pirate ship that is blocking the harbor (one of your tasks in the game is to move it out of the way and explore it for hidden treasures). I also had oyster farming in my game and a mermaid and merboy.

At least one other town would be great for the game. There could be different shops in the other town that sell things like rare furniture sets, carpets or wallpapers. A pet store could have lots of cool accessories for your critters like collars, pet beds, special treats or (heaven forbid) pet clothing. Clothing stores and a hairdresser would make things more interesting, especially if you are tired of how your character looks. The other towns could even have different festivals, so you could go there just for a little entertainment if you are having a slow day in your own town.

I think ancient ruins would be cool to explore, especially if there is treasure involved. Ruins could be added to almost any environment, even underwater. There could be quests from your local townspeople and you have to travel to the various ruins to collect special items. There are so many ways to expand upon this game! :D