We're back

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jan 5, 2015.

1. blobjim

blobjim Subatomic Cosmonaut

How about some in-game keybinding since the keybindings file is too nitpicky and annoying and causes game crashes. I can't play the game even though I want to simply because in-game keybinding is not implemented :wut:

2. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Just to play devil's advocate here I don't think it's unthinkable for a crafting station to not work on a ship depending on what it is and how it behaves. Especially considering hos sensitive spaceship electronics can be, you REALLY wouldn't want something to explode or stop working. Now yes this is a game and anything can work anywhere if the developers say so.....even a massive nuclear reactor on a ship barely large enough to fit it or something along those lines...but still it's a solid enough reason to say certain things wouldn't work on a ship.

3. Mercenary14

Mercenary14 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tiy's left foot :3

4. Firebrand

Firebrand Void-Bound Voyager

YES!!! Planet Bookmarking is something I've been hoping for since day 1. It's been mentioned a few times but it really REALLY needs to be in the game.

Colaymorak likes this.
  5. DarthTrethon

Trolls will be trolls, they exist solely to ruin other peoples' fun and they will always find a way to do it......that's why I just don't waste time playing MP for any game no matter what.....I always thought of MP modes in all games as solely being there for the trolls to make each other miserable and away from the more tangible real life destruction they could inflict on others.

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Starboundbyboundedstars

Starboundbyboundedstars Void-Bound Voyager

I do not like how you can teleport from your ship to a planet you've already discovered and made a base on. The point of traveling with a ship is it is supposed to be costly!! You need fuel to go places, but now you can teleport? It may be less of a hassle, but it takes a mechanic away from the game.

7. Well this game for me it's not fun at Singleplayer, multiplayer is amazing when people play it decently, but the fact developers took the decision of make the server "trust" the client, means the clients of players who want to crash/hack/troll, be able to. Till that's fixed it shall be a problem we have to deal with, but no matter what people still play MP big servers, it crashes, lags, side of many other issues, but it it becomes more... fun.

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Milan Mree

Milan Mree Ketchup Robot

I think the biggest problem I had with the quests is that they send you to places that are supposed to be 'random encounters' which is ok, but the problem is that progression is attached to quests.

In other words progression currently sucks.

Also it bothers me that shotguns suck because their damage is tied to every single bullet hitting and also the armor reduction crap makes them suck too.

And yeah of course mining is boring. No matter what you do that's what mining will be. If you want there to be some other type of resource gathering though...maybe that would be more interesting...hint hint.

9. Cgeta

Cgeta Pangalactic Porcupine

I really hope that paths will be seperated not because they are forced seperate by the devs, but rather due to logical reasons.
    Like, I've been thinking about the size of crafting stations. They're almost all roughly the same size
    Why don't you make them become bigger the higher the tier they are, with the endgame ones being huge machines? They couldn't fit onto the ship then and the player would be forced to put them down on planets.
    On the other hand, nomadic players will need endgame gear to go on an adventure. I guess, all crafting stations of all other paths could be too big to be placed in a ship though. Like builders could have access to a block making machine, that creates all kinds of construction blocks, but it would be too big to fit.
    Also you could make it so that no plants grow on a ship. So that farmers can't be all nomadic and stuff. A silo to create fertilizer could be too big to fit on a ship too :3

teilnehmer and Morzan like this.
  10. witchrinnie

witchrinnie Big Damn Hero

Amazing, I was waiting for some kind of "planet address book & teleport" :rofl:

Maybe we could buy ship designs at the Gate Outpost? And then craft them :D

11. captin crunch

captin crunch Void-Bound Voyager

12. DarthTrethon

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to teleport to just any planet you've been to, just to your designated home world/base. The bookmarking system is to easily find planets you've been to but will still require you to travel there. At least that's my understanding. Regardless even if you could just teleport at will to any planet you've been to the fun is never in where you've been but the next amazing discovery so proper ship travel should still amount to most of the travel in the game no matter what.

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. Ferengi Latinum Farmer

Ferengi Latinum Farmer Subatomic Cosmonaut

Per Tiy's AMA at http://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/2pupee/so_i_was_asked_to_answer_questions_when_the/

"We want you to only really need to spend the fuel to go to a new planet once. Bookmarks should fix that."

14. Alven

Alven Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, guys ... Do not played for six months, waiting for some major changes, looking at the news. So what? Nothing worthy of attention. Nerf hunger - excellent! Epic idea. Prior to the meeting a couple of years later - at this rate of work rather the result of noteworthy hope not worth it.
    P.s. Beware Don't Starve and Space Engineers - they will eat and not choke.

15. DarthTrethon

Then all the better, whether by teleportation or not that only increases my ability to explore without having to worry about consuming the precious little fuel I have because I have to return to a planet to complete a mission or trade or whatever soooooo......yay?

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. Rexxar_F3

Rexxar_F3 Space Spelunker

I think the comunity is getting clearer, i haven't seen any negative coment that doesn't adds a reason and maybe a solution, I get tierd of coments like "all this is s**t", I don't know how you guys manage to take that ALL the time, so i wanted to send you a hug and tell you that you are doing a good job:););) (plus please add a hug emoticon:idea:)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    teilnehmer and Axe Garian like this.
  17. Cooper3061

Cooper3061 Aquatic Astronaut

I think that one way to make mining a little less grindy is to add an item or something to allow you to return to the surface or your ship. Whenever I go mining i get really bored when i have to climb all the way back up to the surface.

lordbociek likes this.
  18. NeoSanguine

NeoSanguine Void-Bound Voyager

Good to see you guys back. Hope you had a happy holiday.

19. powerfulpizza

powerfulpizza Aquatic Astronaut

Please don't take out temperature and hunger! Otherwise needing the special equipment to travel to certain areas is rendered useless! You could definitely fix these two components, but I see no need to take them out, they help make the game more of a challenge in my eyes rather than a burden.

lordbociek and Darklight like this.
  20. Rexxar_F3

Rexxar_F3 Space Spelunker

Emmmm, they are not taking those features out permantly, they are going to get reworked for the better, but yhea i would have prefered that they leave them as they are while they work on them

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    lordbociek likes this.