Well, I suppose I have to get around to this eventually...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Woodledude, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Woodledude

Woodledude Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello there. Though I've already been on the forums for a week or two, I thought it was high time I introduce myself. My name, for the purposes of this forum, is Woodledude. I draw concept profiles, write poems and occasionally stories, sing, and make well-articulated sculptures out of paperclips. I'm also lazy, so I am proficient at none of the above due to lack of practice. The same goes, although more so, for my piano, harmonica, viola, recorder and drum playing skills, coding and 3D modelling, as well as the three different martial arts that I have a yellow belt/sash in. I am possibly the worst, most pathetic example of a "jack-of-all-trades". I'm basically the "idea guy" in any situation, that is to say, the guy who's smart with no actual talent.

I have low self-esteem, I am a declared pacifist IRL and an evil warlord in my head, I have selective memory, I fall asleep in class a time or two per week, I'm a contortionist, I rant a lot, I own a BB gun that I've never actually loaded, much less shot, I am poetic, philosophical, cinematic, I daydream far too much, I oppose my own thinking because I like to debate intellectually but have no one to do it with, I have a concerning obsession with anatomy, biology and wordplay, I am what some may refer to as a "grammar Nazi", I have a depressing history with the opposite gender, and I like to talk to myself without opening my mouth.

TL;DR: Hi, I'm weird nerd with useless talents who's too lazy to develop useful ones. GIVE MEH ALL UR PITY! >:T

Wow, that was a depressing way to introduce myself.

2. Hostail

Hostail Pangalactic Porcupine

"Welcome" I should say :D?
    Oh well, interesting back story you have there.
    I'm also a weird nerd but I don't have any talents at all x) so being a "Jack-of-all-trades" is better than being a loser in everything :)
    Well, enjoy your time.

3. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

Welcome to the forums I believe i saw you in the clans already.

4. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

...son of a... did you just describe me but in a much more articulated way!? Nah, I won't give you any pity, but I will give you a medal for having a name that doubles as a tongue twister. GO ahead, try saying it three times fast :p Woddledudewoddledubewobbl-bl-bl-bleh! >_<

ToxicArcher likes this.
  5. Woodledude

Yes, yes you did. You posted a video. :)
    Good to know that I'm among my brethren. :rofl: And is my name really that hard to say? :p
    So I guess everyone here is a weird nerd with varying levels of talent? :rofl: jk, you know what, I'm sure you have SOME talent. Everyone does, it's just that the unfortunate ones never find it. :/

6. ToxicArcher

ToxicArcher Aquatic Astronaut

Mai taylunt iz towtally spelling iy am soh gewd att it!!1one!1
    welcome to the forumz 2 c:

7. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

Well, not normally. But saying it quickly and repeatedly is. Then again, I'm really bad at enunciation :p .....and I'm also apparently dyslexic... o.o I could have sworn it was Wobbledude when I first read it. And the second time. And several times after that >_>

8. Tiger

Tiger Phantasmal Quasar

Welcome to the forums! Your avatar is quite interesting to look at.
    Anyway, to the important thing...HARMONICAS ARE AWESOME!

9. Woodledude

Thank you for the warm greeting. Also, you do seem really good at... Never mind. :p
    Well, being an avid reader of Fox in Socks as a child, and an avid reader in general since, I guess I wouldn't understand such problems. Still, you have my pity, sir. :rofl:
    Why thank you, I'm glad you like it. I [italics]did[/italics] design it to catch the eye and make people think, as well as it being a reflection on my mind. :) Also, I agree about the harmonica. :D

Tiger likes this.
  10. Mrhighseas

Mrhighseas Star Wrangler

Whoa, I come In Here to greet a newcomer, and I find an existential discussion about the meaning of life!
    Anyway, hello and welcome to the Forums, Woodledude! If you have any questions or need anything, send me a PM. Hopefully Starbound fills your expectations!

11. Woodledude

Yes, that's essentially me in a nutshell. Provided, of course, that I am in fact NOT in a nutshell and very glad for it, as well. :) I imagine it would be cramped. And... nutty. :rofl: Anyhow, nice to meet you, Mr. Highseas, and thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to my time here. :D

12. Mrhighseas

Mrhighseas Star Wrangler

You are very welcome, Sir Philosopher! If I ever feel the need to have my brain ooze out of my ears (and there are no Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters to do it), I know exactly who to contact!