Weekly Update 11/15

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PolarStar

PolarStar Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, it is a work in progress after all.

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. Heebejeebes

Heebejeebes Phantasmal Quasar

I am betting beta will be out sometime between November 16th and December 31st...

3. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

Woot, you are having too much fun, creating stories already, Sapfinger sounds like a cool character, I wonder if you'll keep any of these, when the game is released... I could do with some more information about the beta, but I guess that's not just me, beta wait.

Hah, you have some fertile imagination, right there :D

PolarStar likes this.
  4. Gene

Gene Phantasmal Quasar

It looks like the fire just started as a result of some kind of incendiary bomb. It looks accurate - the shattered bits of fuel are burning first, and only later will the underlying blocks catch fire.

backstabbeth and Axe Garian like this.
  5. bbq1040

bbq1040 Big Damn Hero

These "updates" don't seem like something that slapped together at the end of the day? They took random screens and wrote a paragraph. Anyway, I'd rather they just take the screens and put them up daily. It would actually take less time and we'd probably get more information about the game.

I actually think the game is farther from completion than they are leading on but that's just me. The next six weeks are a scramble to get as much done as possible so they can still hold to their first phase beta release by the end of the year without giving people a half finished game (content-wise). Not unexpected either as small developers have a vision unlike larger companies which often take much longer than expected. I do expect the final product to be good, but when that actual final product is released is another story. This first "beta" release might be a lot less than many people think it will be. I usually use minecraft as a comparison. It was "released" to people in a rudimentary form, still good, but missing a lot of content. It has taken years to develop into what it is now. I have a similar vision of this game. I think it will be a lot like terraria for a while until the truly defining characteristics are flushed out and properly implemented. I hope that time is sooner than later. I would like to be proved wrong but we'll find out for sure when we're able to finally play it.

6. Vanishing

Vanishing Zero Gravity Genie

please, by all means, release a fetus if there is one..

7. stuka80

stuka80 Star Wrangler

Not really impressed with weekly updates. I voted for daily updates over weekly ones because i knew it wasn't going to be substantial enough or that it would be the same as daily updates put together except you just had to wait a week to see it. If you actually combined daily updates for the week it would be more substantial than this current update.

8. Gene

Gene Phantasmal Quasar

I wish they would offer the community to name systems. Perhaps make it part of a purchased tier, e.g. for buying the Diamond tier or higher you get to name a system.

It'd be a great way to solve the awkward names as well as raise extra cash, without unbalancing the game. It's not too late to do this - provided, of course, that those who already bought at that tier would get their choice as well.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    Mr.Lincolnham likes this.
  9. Texoru

Texoru Tentacle Wrangler

Thanks for another great update, can't wait to play the beta!

Please stay patient people this game will be great, I can guarantee you that. Thanks Molly and developers for getting me hyped up :p

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

Hah, that's a safe bet :D

11. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Random is the fun,
    Random is the life.

Random generated monsters, random generated weapons, random special even, random generated planets...
    RANDOM IS GOD!

More seriously, thanks for the update and all the effort.
    People are impatient because your work look so good, each video, each update...
    Thank you for making this,
    thank you to be able to do what I can do... (I mean: stay focus in one project :p)

Oh and, add MORE RANDOM STUFF!!!!

Axe Garian and Silvestre like this.
  12. Godsire88

Godsire88 Big Damn Hero

So much badass-ness

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. Rueya

Rueya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love the new updated timeline and screenshots galore! Keep up the awesome work guys!

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. Swordmaster

Swordmaster 2.7182818284590...

[​IMG]

That when the beta comes out, I will burn everything that I see. And I, will be complete!

15. thepuppetjak

thepuppetjak Tentacle Wrangler

Loving these updates.
    Would anyone care to hazard a guess at how many updates there will be before the beta is released? Just for fun ofc
    I'll start it off with 4 ^^
    (Yes, selfishly, beta release is at the forefront of my mind)

16. jrapta

jrapta Void-Bound Voyager

Has anyone else started reading these and going "I wish I had this game... wait a minute. I DO!"

samufel likes this.
  17. Mikerlantz

Mikerlantz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh gosh this is so well done - cant get the imagery out of my head, or stop laughing

PolarStar likes this.
  18. vandal275

vandal275 Orbital Explorer

Don't mention Elder Scrolls in dev posts. Bethesda could be listening.
    We don't want a repeat of what happened at Mojang o_O

killpay likes this.
  19. wavefunction.e

wavefunction.e Space Penguin Leader

Well, I Have been known to quote the Obvious:V...:D

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  20. Lance Hancock

Lance Hancock Existential Complex

Now we just need a release date to tell us when the starbound beta release date is going to be released. Lol just kidding but seriously......beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.