1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Pixel Weekly Pixel-Off

Discussion in 'Art' started by pigrocket, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As former emovatar-maker, I felt entitled to do this lame ENTRY:
    [​IMG] wow! just as lame as my emovatars were!

Seajun_ and ImmortalFrog like this.
  2. smooth jazz

smooth jazz Space Spelunker

This is my ENTRY:
    [​IMG]

Also obligatory gif ( which can also be my ENTRY if we're allowed two):
    [​IMG]

x2:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I feel like I ought to give constructive criticism, but I don't want to clog the thread. Message me if you'd really like some B|eak.

blitZee, B|eak and ImmortalFrog like this.
  3. B|eak

B|eak Void-Bound Voyager

AMAZING

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  4. muxaun

muxaun Subatomic Cosmonaut

I tried the underwater one, but after drawing a doodle I realized I don't like the composition of this piece. But changing the composition will make it too different from the original and it will not fit the theme IMO.
    [​IMG]

I also tried the sack-monster, but I don't understand how the body is connected to the head. are they sewn together? Or is the body another sack?
    I also liked night in the woods, but then I discovered that it was just pixeled version of some kickstarted project logo. I don't like pixeling of pre-existent pictures.

other pieces are not interesting enough. So I am most likely out of this challenge. Sorry, B|eak.

Maybe I can try pixeling your avatar?

5. B|eak

B|eak Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah the sack-monster is sewn onto the head; and for sure you can pixel my avatar! I don't like the quality of mine... It's very amateurish
    ALSO AMAZING JOB ON THE UNDER WATER SCENE!!

6. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Well well well. Seems like alerts failed to do their job. Again.
    Work in progress here

Edit: Dammit B|eak. I have no time for Imgur right now.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Evangelion and ImmortalFrog like this.
  7. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

So I'll double post since I'm done here with my entry

[​IMG]
    Here's HD remake of B|eak's sword with all the features but the ones you loved. Innovative sand background DLC sold separately.
    That's to say I know It doesn't even get close to the original but I had fun doing it.

muxaun, Seajun_, AstroBlast and 3 others like this.
  8. Azza_hd

Azza_hd Poptop Tamer

Just looking through all of these.

Evangelion likes this.
  9. B|eak

B|eak Void-Bound Voyager

Haha amazing job! I love the shiny parts on the blade! I hope you guys don't mind me posting some of these on my Deviant Art; if you guys do mind I won't though

Mianso likes this.
  10. smooth jazz

smooth jazz Space Spelunker

I'd be fine with it as long as I'm credited (you can just link to my profile here or something).

11. muxaun

I tried b|eak's avatar, but I came too far away from the original.
    1xSize: 2x size:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's definitely doesn't even resemble the original. So I'm out of the challenge this week.

12. blitZee

blitZee Void-Bound Voyager

Actually, if you really want to stay close to the original, you can enter one of your first variations of the remake (which can be seen in the gif, i'd say the very first one which gets the scale treatment to his right eye) It's really great. Besides, more competition = more fun

13. B|eak

B|eak Void-Bound Voyager

I really like it but yeah it doesn't really resemble the original xD

14. Muxaun's new theme in the OP [​IMG]

15. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Even though this post is not an entry, I hope you can understand. Do any of you happen to know of any easily available programs for pixel art (aside from the default Microsoft Paint)? Perhaps some with grid lines?
    I do have an interest in art, but its been mainly in traditional and paintings. I want to branch off to digital art forms.

16. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

GraphicsGale is a program specifically created for Pixel Art that I like to use.
    It's pretty much free, and the only thing the Paid version has that the Free doesn't is the ability to make GIF files.
    Alternatively you could use MS Paint, which is very very simple.

17. Apart from MS Paint, Paint.NET's pretty handy too. It has layers (OH YES) and a grid to work off of too. Best part is it's free to use.

AstroBlast likes this.
  18. muxaun

Mianso is a winner. imo giving victory to something that is not an entry is unfair.

19. GIMP is nice for pixel art, and it has grid options. image >> grid

20. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Hah sorry I'll never take this sentence seriously. Fine, my theme is mauxan's theme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.