1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Pixel Weekly Pixel-Off

Discussion in 'Art' started by pigrocket, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreshSheet

FreshSheet Pangalactic Porcupine

Entry
    [​IMG]
    Because genies are mystical.
    Edit: Fixed some little points and added a lamp, also changed background and attempted to make some features more readable.

Jedesis, ColdOneK and Seajun_ like this.
  2. ColdOneK

ColdOneK Space Penguin Leader

I likey...but the theme is Mystique - create an image that has an air of....w/e the hell that was
    edit: "Mystery, possibly dream-like or otherworldly"

3. -JN-

-JN- Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh, that part was just a suggestion for ideas. I'd say a genie has mystique, and I'd also call it otherworldly.
    I like it too fresh, although I'm not too sure about that background.

4. FreshSheet

FreshSheet Pangalactic Porcupine

Really? Ill look into it tomorrow. I'm sleepy X.X

5. muxaun

muxaun Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi there!
    I am doing my first steps in pixel art and want to improve my skills by participating in these challenges.
    I am not sure if my picture fits current theme though.

Is it allowed to post multiple items on the same week?

ENTRY
    Wardrobe monsters (i did not stretch it 'casuse stretched version is too large)
    wardrobe_colored.PNG

6. Yes, but you have to pick one as your final entry. Great picture by the way.

7. -JN-

-JN- Subatomic Cosmonaut

ENTRY
    [​IMG] - 6 colors
    I can enter my own week, right? Because I feel sloths have a certain mystique to them myself.

Mianso likes this.
  8. Entreah
    [​IMG]

centor111, Mopy, Lachee and 7 others like this.
  9. Looks to me like an Aperture turret in the style of Sword and Sworcery... That's what you were going for, right...
    Nice work...

10. Oh hey, I probably was thinking of Sword and Sworcery in some way. Just the bush looks pretty familiar. Thanks.

Jedesis likes this.
  11. Jedesis

Jedesis Ketchup Robot

Ohhh this art is so good! My...my eyes are blinded! God they are masterpieces!

centor111 and pigrocket like this.
  12. Is that water reflection? It needs to be a bit darker if so.

pigrocket likes this.
  13. Lachee

Lachee Existential Complex

That is amazing! That is beyond beautiful! The water, the neon, the alien thingy-mo-bob! I love it! wish I had the techniques and skills to doe something like that. It is now my new background image on my desktop!

(I have moved all icons over BTW, hence why you can see it)
    background.PNG

pigrocket likes this.
  14. I am really sad I didn't get to participate in this one. Is the deadline really past?

15. Nope! Deadlines are always vaguely around Saturday, even though it always says Friday. Problem is, it doesn't leave much time for you to get the votes you deserve.

16. But it does leave time for me to work on some art! I haven't had time to do much in the past few weeks because I've been super busy and sick. Very bad combination. Today ima try to actually sit up bad pixel!

pigrocket likes this.
  17. Shameless copypasta from last week's blunder.

This week's new theme, Monster Girls, is in the OP.

If you're blanking on ideas, I recommend checking out Skull Girls, Slugbox (beware of NSFW), MonsterGirl Quest (even more NSFW).

18. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

Slugbox <3

I never pixel arted before but this weeks theme is calling me. I may try something.

SpaceNarwhal, Mopy and pigrocket like this.
  19. Whoops, I guess I'm too late. Well here is the art I created for the theme Mystique.​
    [​IMG]
    and one more time....​
    [​IMG]

centor111, Jedesis, Mianso and 4 others like this.
  20. Yes, it beckons me. Now convince me to not be lazy, theme.

blind sniper and pigrocket like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.