1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Weekly Digital-Art-Off

Discussion in 'Art' started by Tectal, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

RoR topscore.png
    Here's my entry.
    Crap I forgot the art. Oh well.

AstroBlast and Evangelion like this.
  2. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

That's totally art! Just look at that fine drawing over to the right there...

3. Lornami

Lornami Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ENTRY

Can we edit them a bit once we enter? I mean it's okay I think, but my colors on my drawing computer seem to be different than my normal computer.

[​IMG]

I'm a little inattentive right now to make a really in depth piece of art, so I just did some fun blending landscape type doodle. That and I like the eyeball trees. : D So I made a banner/header out of it!

Mianso, Tectal, Seajun_ and 1 other person like this.
  4. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

[​IMG]

Seajun_ likes this.
  5. I really like it as a Starbound banner, but not as a banner for this competition.
    Shouldn't it have the words "Weekly Digital Art-Off" somewhere?

6. Lornami

The first entry did not have any text, or direct relevance to this thread, so I did not think I needed it.

7. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

I was about to say that but you beat me to it.

Lornami likes this.
  8. Hm...
    Well then I guess BOTH of you should add stuff that makes your banners relevant to the thread! [​IMG]

Seajun_ likes this.
  9. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Haha I would, but it would destroy the essence of the banner... to be honest I thought relating to this thread meant just making a banner for the thread haha.

10. Lornami

Pretty much what I thought. Making a banner for a thread that at the moment isn't much of a thread at all yet makes it pretty vague. I think a direct plug in each banner would be kinda stifling.

Chronometer likes this.
  11. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Well yours definitely qualifies more than mine haha, you at least have the Starbound logo which can represent the forums or this thread! Shhhh... just go along with it!

Lornami likes this.
  12. Tectal

Tectal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can definitely edit the banner even if you've posted it.

I would have told you that a couple of days ago, but I agree with you. The banners don't really need titles, in my opinion.

I'm not too sure about the Starbound logo in the banner, though. It would kinda stray away from the idea of the thread being separate from Starbound, but despite that, I love it. It's the sort of thing I would love to make.

Beautiful :D

Lornami, Seajun_ and Mianso like this.
  13. Lornami

Oh yeah, I mean I want to create different kinds of art for this thread! It's just at this moment the thought that struck me was Starbound related, so I wanted to make it look like a Starbound banner that you could link somewhere. (I made the composition specifically for having text in that spot.) If I were playing La Tale at the moment I would try and incorporate the title into the banner, as banners in their original nature are advertisement.

14. Tectal

Well, I think your art is lovely, and I hoped for people to create stuff that really reflects and captures the essence of the thread. I'm really happy with how everything has went so far... I thought a bit exactly about what this thread was about after what I said originally, and I figured that as long as the banner is digital art, it doesn't matter what way the art is expressed.

Still really want to get what I'm doing finished by tomorrow xD.

Lornami and Seajun_ like this.
  15. Tectal

I'm not going to get my piece done on time :(.

16. Chronometer

Chronometer Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's ok to be sad. Neither am I :)

17. Tectal

Nearly the end of the week. TIME goes fast, eh, Chrono? :)

18. Lornami

Did you guys get yours finished? ;w;

19. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

You better pick a good theme for next week!

20. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

For the record robo-vikings did better than evangelion's anime gurls.

AstroBlast likes this.