Modding Help Weapons

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Kilowolf, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Kilowolf

Kilowolf Big Damn Hero

i was wondering is anyone was working on bringing the old crafted weapons back such as having a all weapon types in all tiers again and bringing back racial weapons

2. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

I did that for my modpack and that took an eternity, but I still have an old copy archived on a USB stick of starbound glad giraffe so that should be feasible,. All I need is time, but I really don't have any for the moment as I am updating all of my mods.

3. Kilowolf

Kilowolf Big Damn Hero

I would do it myself but I have no idea what I'm doing :rofl: and I made sure to backup all the files for the last stable as well

4. Stroomschok

Stroomschok Void-Bound Voyager

One of the problems is in what form they should be brought back. To simply bring them back exactly as they were is not that interesting and a bit of a waste of time because of all the weapons that they have to compete with for usefulness now, and you can't use weapons cosmetically like armors.

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  5. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

You can simply just port them and they will all behave the same way as the new ones do, they just need upgrades in stats and ability and that should be it.

Though I can't lie, i'd really like to see a revamp on the old stuff like the staves, we could give them new abilities.

6. Kilowolf

Kilowolf Big Damn Hero

That does sound neat, would be nice to have some of the old weapons with the newer abilities like the Healing field and such for the staff weapons