Weapon Mods (Upgrades)

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by SioxerNic, Dec 29, 2013.

1. SioxerNic

SioxerNic Big Damn Hero

Perhaps make it a server option?whether they are recraftable?

2. anitakai

anitakai Phantasmal Quasar

That'd be a very good solution. It'd also cater to those who never go beyond single-player, if they wanted to craft or not and leave all to chance to dictate.

3. SioxerNic

SioxerNic Big Damn Hero

Public servers would probably prefer uncraftable while friends would not.

4. anitakai

anitakai Phantasmal Quasar

Likely, yes. And if I was to play in public server, I'd prefer it so - but in private space, I like to have more options.

5. Krytikal

Krytikal Subatomic Cosmonaut

I support this
    I agree. As long as the fortune actually is a fortune. Eg: 10k to attach a unique mod to a tier 9 weapon, but 30k to remove it. Then 14k to attach it to your new tier 10 weapon. I just threw these numbers out there but a penalty you feel even in late game is much more palatable. I'd actually go much higher with the numbers but for the sake of everyone else I low-balled a bit. Someone should put together a spreadsheet. Not me.

6. SioxerNic

SioxerNic Big Damn Hero

Honestly, no cost should be associated witg adding the mods, but late game mod removal should be very expensive for rare and uniques. Numbering along the lines 30-100k to be honest. Pixel farming is no problem at this point so there is an option to get the mods back, but don't make a mistake ;9
    Edit: I'll add all this information to the maib post tomorrow I guess or maybe the second. Currently on my phone snuggling my blanket in bed.

7. Krytikal

Krytikal Subatomic Cosmonaut

Deal. 100k is right in the ball park of my initial thoughts.

EDIT: unique tier 10 removal

8. SioxerNic

SioxerNic Big Damn Hero

Yeap! changed the main topic quite a bit.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!

9. KrazyKliff

KrazyKliff Aquatic Astronaut

Instead of making mods a mob drop why not make a crafting station where you could salvage all those unwanted weapons for parts that you could then use to craft mods. Scrapping Melee weapons would give parts for Melee Mods and Guns would give parts for Gun mods. Rare mods would use Rare parts that you would need to scrap Rare weapons for. The scrapped weapons would drop parts from there tier and those parts would be used to make mods at the same tier. This should limit any concerns for crafting mods as i wont want to trade something i scrapped many weapons to find the parts necessary and i wouldn't easily be able to make any mod i wanted with out lots of exploring. Anyways i like the way you designed the mods different parts for different bonus's i especially like the idea of ability mods i can think of many cool effects i would love to add to my weapons. Great Idea and i hop the devs implement it in one form or another.

10. SioxerNic

SioxerNic Big Damn Hero

I would not be opposed to that, but it should still be random mod stats, you should not be able to craft a specific one.

11. Conor785

Conor785 Pangalactic Porcupine

+1 hope they implement it. Not the first to suggest it but i still think it's a good idea

12. XaosWolf

XaosWolf Void-Bound Voyager

I'm all for finding (not crafting) weapon or armour mods! =D

As for removing them, I'd say that you should be able to remove only one of them, and the rest is destroyed.
    Will make your choices much more meaningful and not have it just be a matter of pixels.

13. SioxerNic

SioxerNic Big Damn Hero

That's an interesting idea, if you can get more people to agree to it, I might add it to the main post.

14. XaosWolf

XaosWolf Void-Bound Voyager

I was trying to think what other game used that system, and I believe Torchlight does it with it's Gem Slots.

But seriously, Weapon/Armour mods make too much sense for a game with so much to explore, and yet so little worthwhile rewards to offer. Especially after trekking through a trap-laden dungeon to find a Hi-Tech Chest filled with 2 Silver Bars, 50 Pixels and another Red Flashlight.

On the topic of dungeons, (mostly the ones that are the obstacle course ones) it'd be great if they were indestructible until the chest was opened. =P

15. SioxerNic

SioxerNic Big Damn Hero

Here in like 10 hours I'll be working on an example module that will just generate random Mods so people can see the potential mods (Non-ability ones) and I'll look into whether or not I can create a mod for this, and if anyone wants to help me with creating a mod, I would definitely appreciate the help. (And a MOD as in an actual STARBOUND MOD, to implement this into the GAME.)