Weapon Customization

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Daitenshi, Feb 22, 2012.

1. TheLordOfJoe

TheLordOfJoe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Adding to my thought, if you had a weapon control (Burst fire/Single) or gun mount on a gun and it were 2 handed, left/right click should use secondary fire. However, it should have a nerf/balance. Imagine in pvp that someone had a rocket and grenade launcher! And also, if you ctrl/shift clicked left/right mouse button, you could turn off light, weapon control, or undermount. pretty cool right? I don't know how to make mods but I want to make a mod about this. By the way, people, MAKE MORE AWESOME SUGGESTION! I love reading this every know and then.

2. DiscoJacob

DiscoJacob Aquatic Astronaut

The part with underslung grenade launchers, flashlights, and bayonets seems incredibly possible like RMB could stab with the bayonet or launch a grenade, or turn the flashlight on or off ( all of which would use energy just to make it not too overpowered)

3. Reaver10

Reaver10 Intergalactic Tourist

Yes, yes, and yes. I am behind this all the way. Customization is a awesome thing to have implemented.

4. xKolekk

xKolekk Aquatic Astronaut

I think you have wayyy too much here for a simple game. I like ideas especially the flashlight on a gun. But things like a bi-pod or a scope just don;t make sense. Adding separate ammo types for a gun? I can see A GUN with ONE special ammo type, not a gun with 5 different ammo types. Like I said, the more simple ideas are AWESOME, but some of it is unnecessary. Keep it up!

Pseudoboss likes this.
  5. danmanr98

danmanr98 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This has got to be one of the best Ideas yet.
    I greatly hope this will be implemented into Starbound.

6. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

This would be awesome, I really want my black plasma assault rifle (blue plasma ammo) with flashy blue lights on it :3

Pseudoboss likes this.
  7. phatpappa

phatpappa Intergalactic Tourist

I feel like this could be cool, but isn't the point of the game to explore and find new equipment? Unless you mean find weapons, then improve them. Sorry TL DR.

8. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

That's exactly what's being suggested. You find new weapons via exploring, then you can customize them with other weapons you've found via exploring.

9. geindovahkiin

geindovahkiin Yeah, You!

Well thought out. you have my support

10. Derpislav

Derpislav Big Damn Hero

Well, I was going to create my own thread about that, but then I spotted this one...
    Add my suggestions here or create a new thread?

11. cubface

cubface Space Hobo

we just need guns to be any good then this can come :D

12. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

Add them here, having one large, long - lived thread is better than several small ones.

13. zombieboy882

zombieboy882 Subatomic Cosmonaut

What about spray paint coming I'm different colors e.g forest camo or lime green which you can spray on parts of your weapon or plasma coating ranging From different colors to make your melee weapon 25% more powerful and making it look more light saber themed.

14. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm all for customization in video games. I absolutely love personalized feels.

15. zombieboy882

zombieboy882 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Me too[DOUBLEPOST=1413923436][/DOUBLEPOST]Or a laser sight