Weapon Customization

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Daitenshi, Feb 22, 2012.

1. tomany2

tomany2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the idea except for one thing... It is just a pet peeve... But there is no such thing as a silencer on guns... there are SUPPRESSORS... but no such thing as silencers.

Also, Ranged Weapons
    Under-mounted launchers
    M230 Grenade launcher​
    M26 Mass shotgun​
    Front Mounted
    Laser sight​
    mounted flashlight (good for caves too)​
    Ammo Types
    Incendiary​
    Explosive​
    Match Ammo​
    Clip Types
    Dual, or Taped Magazine (allows for 2 fast reloads, and than 1 long reload between the 2 due to the bulk, this all assuming there WILL BE RELOADING?)​

2. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

This is a very well thought out breakdown, and a great idea

3. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

Let me think about some Statuseffects: Petrification (like paralyze, but also drains health), weak (decreased stats), confusion, fear, berserk maybe? (enemy get's stronger but has decreased life?). I think that's all for the moment, but I'll be back as soon as I get more ideas.

4. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

Thank You so much for your input everyone! <3

Ecchiholic likes this.
  5. Ecchiholic

I'm glad that I can help.

6. tomany2

thank-you!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 c:

7. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

of course!

8. tomany2

Also, For Melee,

Blade Types
    Serrated, Straight Edge, Double Edge​
    Blade, handle, and grip weights for more balanced swings... think of it like a baseball, vs a small rock, vs a boulder. a small rock is too light so you cant throw it far, but you can hold alot of them cause they are light, a baseball has the perfect weight, and can be thrown far because it is balanced, and a large rock / boulder is too heavy to throw far, but hurts like hell if you get hit.

in a blade / sword / hammer / w.e. A light sword can be swung fast, but is too light to cut very deep, thus fast swing, but little knock back and damage. A medium weight sword is the most balanced, with average everything, and a heavy sword with slow swing, but major penetration and damage?

9. Ecchiholic

Weights (heavier weapon = more damage, slow attack)

I'm thinking really hard but I can't think of much stuff that you cold customize your melee weapons with.

Edit: damn, tomany was faster :c

tomany2 likes this.
  10. tomany2

Great minds think alike c:

Also, Dual wielded light blades?

Ecchiholic likes this.
  11. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Meelee weapons customization hmm... How 'bout charging your blade or tip with electricity/energy?
    It would be like an enchantment, you could deal more damage and paralyse your enemy.
    And after the electricity is used up, you would have to recharge your sword to gain those benefits again!

12. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

It's Melee not Meelee.:giggle:

13. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

I'm sorry that I am a grammar freak!:geek:

14. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

Got to have 'horrified' status effect, for those bosses. You HAVE TO have double sided blades so you can be bad ass (perhaps their downside is that you might hurt yourself). Perhaps weapon strikes (airstrikes of various types and maybe orbital bombings) would have different types of variety and the tools to call them would have a few as well.

15. GlitchPulveriser

GlitchPulveriser Aquatic Astronaut

You could have a crafting station or weapon upgrade box which you would right-click to open a GUI, displaying possible upgrades etc. for your selected weapon. You would have primary and secondary ranged weapons which you could apply attachments and perks to, such as flamethrower, and a melee weapon that you could tweak, such as dual-wield. Any other weapons you would put in storage. Like in call of duty, you could use perks and death streaks (death streaks activated by failing a quest or boss fight 5 times) unlocked by doing quests to get them and then you would make a class where you could apply armor, perks, and weapons.

16. darthfodder

darthfodder Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It would be cool if this existed with some level of randomization. So when you find a weapon you don't want, you can reverse engineer it, but you never know exactly what you're going to get. It's kind of like unwrapping a present :) .

17. Snowy_Night

Snowy_Night Scruffy Nerf-Herder

great idea, would love to see this in game.

18. djdeathrow

djdeathrow Pangalactic Porcupine

sounds good ! hope to see this kind of customisation in the game !

19. GigaNova

GigaNova Cosmic Narwhal

I tought some of this was confirmed?

If its not, i hope to see it!

20. VampStrike

VampStrike Aquatic Astronaut

I was thinking of a similar system.
    Maybe taking apart weapons, and using various attachment pieces to upgrade/slot to your weapon?
    Think it would be sweet :D