1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Was rocket spear physics changed in 1.3?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Starman04, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Starman04

Starman04 Master Chief

I just downloaded the 1.3 update, and noticed something odd about my rocket spear. When I get into the air, I can point it directly sideways, and not fall. I am using the Gravity EPP augment, so I can fully fly with the rocket spear, but still, it used to be that I had to keep it pointing mostly down, or I'd be affected by gravity and start to fall. In space, I also don't keep my momentum (I could point left while moving down, and lose all downward movement and start moving right). I think top speed was changed as well. I didn't see this in the minor changes section of the 1.3 description, so is this a bug? Part of the new update? Thanks in advance for the info!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  2. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I was navigating normally in unstable using the rocket spear, so I think it's a bug.

3. Photoloss

Photoloss Industrial Terraformer

They changed something in the later Unstable patches but I haven't had time to figure out exactly what they did. After a quick test I think I can confirm your findings, it seems to disable gravity as long as you keep firing. Even without a gravity augment mind you.

4. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

So the rocket spear is now a gravity off button? That's probably not intentional.

5. Photoloss

Photoloss Industrial Terraformer

Who cares, it's fun. Can't be a dirty fix for the new legendary either because that has its own ability script.

6. Starman04

Starman04 Master Chief

It's like a backwards-firing Drill Spear (Without the mining)

7. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

They did mention gravity changes after all '^'